Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NYC Wifi access

TheU

Oct 24, 2017
New York City
Own a 75X in NYC and am having a tiny issue with software updates. I park in a garage with no wifi so car rarely is hooked up to wifi. Hadn't been a problem, currently running 2017.50 (and had received updates prior, received car 10/17), but now Tesla is saying that I need to connect to wifi to get new software package (too large to be downloaded via LTE). I know going to the Brooklyn service center is an option / will update there but wondering if anyone had more convenient / manhattan tricks for connecting to wifi for a software update. Much appreciated.

MGMDaware

Falcor
Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2016
DC
Own a 75X in NYC and am having a tiny issue with software updates. I park in a garage with no wifi so car rarely is hooked up to wifi. Hadn't been a problem, currently running 2017.50 (and had received updates prior, received car 10/17), but now Tesla is saying that I need to connect to wifi to get new software package (too large to be downloaded via LTE). I know going to the Brooklyn service center is an option / will update there but wondering if anyone had more convenient / manhattan tricks for connecting to wifi for a software update. Much appreciated.
I think Tesla can push an update to your car if you call them, but there is no guarantee when it will happen (think within 24hrs ) . So, unless you can leave your car on wifi for a day or so, I'm not sure what other options you have ... Short of visiting a service center.

• Helpful
Reactions: TheU

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC