TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

NYT article on the Geneva Motor Show and EVs

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by ecarfan, Mar 7, 2014.

1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

At http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/08/automobiles/automakers-talk-optimistically-about-electric-cars-in-geneva.html?action=click&contentCollection=Business%20Day&region=Footer&module=Recommendation&src=recg&pgtype=article I was disappointed to see this statement:

"BMW is marketing the car only in urban areas because of the range limitations inherent in electric cars. "

Very poorly worded blanket statement about EVs. The only mention of Tesla in the article is this:

"
    The advent of the i3, as well as the success of vehicles like the Tesla Model S, will help car buyers get accustomed to the idea of electric cars and also encourage investment in infrastructure such as public charging stations"

Neglecting to point out that the Tesla Supercharger network is well underway in the US and Europe and how that network demolishes the old stereotype that EVs are only good as city cars.

2. ModelS4Taos

ModelS4Taos Member

#2 ModelS4Taos, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    I would send your commentary to the author and editor of the article. It may do nothing or it may educated them. Either way all you need to do is cut, paste, and send. Its worth the 2 minutes to do it.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Notice my signature (specifically the last sentence). I'm not surprised by this at all.