Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NYT article on the Geneva Motor Show and EVs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

At http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/08/a...module=Recommendation&src=recg&pgtype=article I was disappointed to see this statement:

"BMW is marketing the car only in urban areas because of the range limitations inherent in electric cars. "

Very poorly worded blanket statement about EVs. The only mention of Tesla in the article is this:

"
The advent of the i3, as well as the success of vehicles like the Tesla Model S, will help car buyers get accustomed to the idea of electric cars and also encourage investment in infrastructure such as public charging stations"

Neglecting to point out that the Tesla Supercharger network is well underway in the US and Europe and how that network demolishes the old stereotype that EVs are only good as city cars.

At http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/08/a...module=Recommendation&src=recg&pgtype=article I was disappointed to see this statement:

"BMW is marketing the car only in urban areas because of the range limitations inherent in electric cars. "

Very poorly worded blanket statement about EVs. The only mention of Tesla in the article is this:

"
The advent of the i3, as well as the success of vehicles like the Tesla Model S, will help car buyers get accustomed to the idea of electric cars and also encourage investment in infrastructure such as public charging stations"

Neglecting to point out that the Tesla Supercharger network is well underway in the US and Europe and how that network demolishes the old stereotype that EVs are only good as city cars.

I would send your commentary to the author and editor of the article. It may do nothing or it may educated them. Either way all you need to do is cut, paste, and send. Its worth the 2 minutes to do it.

Last edited:
Very poorly worded blanket statement about EVs.
Notice my signature (specifically the last sentence). I'm not surprised by this at all.