Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

O Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not exactly as big as the one in "Why Him", but brought home a 7' X'mas tree on my Model 3. The guys at the farm really don't want to tie the tree up on the roof. He kept asking, "Are you sure you want me to tie it up there?" :D

They tie the tree to the 4 doors latches and you can get in and out of the car from all 4 doors (because of the frameless windows) even with the tree tied up on the roof. There is no scratches on the glass just some saps. I washed everything off this morning.

tesla_tree1.JPG
tesla_tree2.JPG

‘Tis the season once again, and I just found this thread, anticipating buying a tree in a few days. Did you have any issues with the strings rubbing on the trim, leaving any marks? All happiness? Thanks!

Last edited:
That's cool. I think I would have layed a moving blanket down underneath it first though and not chanced the glass getting scratched. Hey, have a happy one! I already turned on the Santa Reindeer Easter Egg already one cold evening. Haven't turned on the fireplace one yet but we're supposed to get to freezing in the next few days before Thanksgiving so might be time.

‘Tis the season once again, and I just found this thread, anticipating buying a tree in a few days. Did you have any issues with the strings rubbing on the trim, leaving any marks? All happiness? Thanks!
count on the strings being dirty. if they're a concern, bring some clean cardboard or microfibers to go under them. the trim pieces around the roof are likely compressed cardboard (instead of plastic) which introduces the chances to dent/damage the trim.

Reactions: CharleyBC
count on the strings being dirty. if they're a concern, bring some clean cardboard or microfibers to go under them. the trim pieces around the roof are likely compressed cardboard (instead of plastic) which introduces the chances to dent/damage the trim.

Suppose you could run sections of the string thru soft pliable clear tubing for some cush ahead of time and position that tubing section where it would make contact with pressure points of the car.

• Funny
Reactions: KiMoMo
That's funny. I'm pretty sure that tree would've fit in the trunk with the backseats down. But then you would've had to clean the interior.

I'll be testing that out in a couple weeks. I hate dealing with the tree on the roof or anything and hoping it's secure so I'm hoping I can fold the seats down, put down a tarp or something for sap and then toss it in the back and close the trunk like normal :)

Probably won't be seven feet, but somewhere around 6 feet, crossing fingers all goes well!

Suppose you could run sections of the string thru soft pliable clear tubing for some cush ahead of time and position that tubing section where it would make contact with pressure points of the car.
most tree places supply their own string, right? it's been a while since i've bought from one. if that's the case, a couple squares of cardboard would probably be easier and more time efficient.

most tree places supply their own string, right? it's been a while since i've bought from one. if that's the case, a couple squares of cardboard would probably be easier and more time efficient.

Last one bought was artificial so no idea! I figured the tubing could be brought with to the tree farm and slipped on the string and adjusted to fit in place. Cardboard could slide while the tubing would be threaded on and wouldn't fall off. But whatever gets you and your precious car home safely!

We stuffed our 7-foot noble fir in the trunk, obviously with the back seats down. The base of the trunk was slightly between the front seat backs, but not at all in the way. As you see below, we put it on an old bed spread to protect the interior from any sap and needles. We had the tree place wrap it in orange mesh to make it more compact. Even compacted, it sort of popped past the underside of the back shelf, and opened up a little in the passenger compartment. So to pull it out at home, my wife took the sides of the bed spread and wrapped them over the tree, and pushed down to compress it as I pulled it out. All very easy!
E317C8B0-2DD7-473C-98B9-72C7132D20AE.jpeg

Reactions: KenC
OP here, just did it again this year. Got the 7' to 8' x'mas tree from Costco. They also gave out string to tie the tree down. The trims seem fine to me. Last year I got the living X'mas tree and it left some saps on the glass that I have to clean out. This year, the Costco one was sitting out already netted. There was no sap on the glass roof at all. Just some pine needles which I dusted away with my California Duster.