Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oahu meet ups - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove out to Waimalu this past Sunday at around 2pm and the 3 right lanes were closed past the Pearl City off ramp. It was horrendous.

Yeah, Sunday traffic is bad until around 4..when it's just bearable...at least you're in a Tesla :)

- - - Updated - - -

Guess the email invite to the owners went out:

TESLA OAHU VIP RECEPTION
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2015
3PM - 5PM
models-white-coastal-landing_6.png

All-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor Model S is here. Unlike conventional all-wheel drive vehicles that sacrifice fuel efficiency for increased traction, the All-Wheel Drive, Dual Motor Model S provides superior control while actually improving both range and acceleration.

Model S P85D sets a new standard for all-wheel drive. Feel what it’s like to experience 1g of acceleration and launch from 0 to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds during our exclusive owners event. Enjoy the company of your fellow Oahu Tesla owners and meet the knowledgeable staff of our Honolulu showroom. Light refreshments will be served throughout the event.

You are welcome to bring your family and friends to help spread the electric revolution.

We look forward to seeing you there!
The event will occur at the following location:

Tesla Honolulu
94-480 Akoki Street #1

Waikele
HI
United States

A ray of hope with today's weather?

We have a cold front passing over Oahu at the moment. You can see that the wind is from the south on the Maui/Big Island side of Oahu and it's from the North on the Kauai side. The weather has already improved over Kauai. The good news is that the weather is moving from west to east and is almost past us. The bad news is that the weather is moving very slowly. No guarantees, but there's a ray of hope that we might see blue skies by this afternoon.

Check out the wondermap moving radar image: WunderMap | Interactive Weather Map and Radar | Weather Underground

I attach the satellite photo to give you some perspective. Picture the weather moving from Kauai direction to Big Island direction. The fact that there are showers on the windward side is a positive sign, because it means that the wind is ever so slightly starting to shift to a northeast trade wind. If you feel moderate northeast trade winds, we should be home free.

sat_ir_enh_west.gif

If weather does not cooperate, maybe Tesla will have the following easter egg vehicle available for test drives today:

bond.jpg

I strongly suspect Nanimac will want to give that vehicle a try!

It was again nice to see you all who came to the event and to meet other owners that didn't come the last time.

Insane is the right word for the acceleration on the P85D. It was even more insane doing the acceleration down hill.

By the way, akikiki, to reset the Easter Egg for the Espirit, all you have to do is press and hold the T again and type in "007" to reset the model S showing up on the suspension screen.

Thank you to Susan, Cheryl, Lani and Rick at the Service Center for hosting such a great day of fellowship with owners. It was wonderful to get to meet and talk to owners that we did not know before Saturday. I got to talk to an owner that picked his car up just the day before. I asked him of his impressions after driving on for one day. He had the perfect answer. "How can anyone not own a Tesla after they have driven it once?" It was such fun to show off the Easter eggs to those that had not seen them yet.

Next time we need to get all the cars together for a group photo. Every time.

Speaking of next time...some people have suggested another drive or better yet, a redux of our very first meet up (nearly 2 years ago!). Meet at Kakaako Park, drive through Waikiki, Diamond Head, Kahala, then up to Maunalua Bay, lunch in Hawaii Kai, then drive up to Sandy's for some more pics.

Am thinking sometime in April... Are Saturdays or Sundays better for people? Easter is on April 5, so that date probably won't work. Let's get the discussion going. Hopefully, we can surpass the 15 Teslas we had that day!

Getting back to planning the next meet-up. Throwing out a couple potential dates for consideration: Sunday, April 12th or Sunday, April 19th. Let's plan on meeting at Kakaako Park around 10-10:30, then drive out somewhere and have lunch.

Post if you can make it and which day works better.

Getting back to planning the next meet-up. Throwing out a couple potential dates for consideration: Sunday, April 12th or Sunday, April 19th. Let's plan on meeting at Kakaako Park around 10-10:30, then drive out somewhere and have lunch.

Sounds like fun. Good idea. Either day will work for me. Count on me.

Sorry that I won't be able to make either. I am going to the mainland for a conference.