Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oahu - National Drive Electric Week: September 15 - 21, 2014 - meet up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MEET-UP UPDATE:

Sounds like more people can make the 20th so here's a tentative plan:

- meet for lunch at Nico's at Pier 39 at noon
- head out for a drive around 1:30

As always, recommendations and input for meet up place, time, driving route, etc. are welcome.

Can't wait to see everyone!

MEET-UP UPDATE:

Sounds like more people can make the 20th so here's a tentative plan:

- meet for lunch at Nico's at Pier 39 at noon
- head out for a drive around 1:30

As always, recommendations and input for meet up place, time, driving route, etc. are welcome.

Can't wait to see everyone!
Hey all! The Patron Saint of EVs Nicola Tesla is smiling on us. We pick up our S on the 15th just in time for Drive EV week. We will definitely plan on meeting everyone at Nico's

REMINDER: NATIONAL DRIVE ELECTRIC WEEK - MEET- UP: THIS SATURDAY, SEPT. 20TH @ NOON

Meet at Nico's @ Pier 38 for lunch then we'll take a drive around 1:30'ish.

Paul S, dpodoll, and anyone else on our side of the island..Let me know if you want to caravan to town together and we'll plan a meet-up place.

can't wait to see everyone!

Here's the info on the Hawaii Clean Foundation Initiative National Plug-In Week Event.
NDEW-presented-by.png

Day:Saturday, September 20, 2014
Time:9am to 1 pm
94-1040 Waipio Uka Street
National Drive Electric Week Event - Honolulu

The coordinator said charging is free during the event at Aloha Gas station there but I think it's the CHademo charger so you need an adapter.

I'll probably stop by to check out the event on the way to our meet-up since it's on my side of the island :)

Last edited:
REMINDER: NATIONAL DRIVE ELECTRIC WEEK - MEET- UP: THIS SATURDAY, SEPT. 20TH @ NOON

Meet at Nico's @ Pier 38 for lunch then we'll take a drive around 1:30'ish.

Paul S, dpodoll, and anyone else on our side of the island..Let me know if you want to caravan to town together and we'll plan a meet-up place.

can't wait to see everyone!

Do you know what route you are going to drive? I can't make it at noon, but I might be able to meet up somewhere along the route after 1:30pm.

Just occurred to me that we could have shared our event marketing with you. Here in Sarasota we hold the event on one of the main barrier islands so if you ever want to steal/borrow some of our graphic ideas you're more than welcome!

Sounds like a good idea. maybe we could also start a thread in the EVents forum (without double posting) that had EVent graphic ideas. Makes you wonder why we don't already post our local events there, so visitors can plan their vacations around Tesla events.:love:

NigelM, thanks for sharing! Dsmith..good idea...I think people look at our thread anyway...thought about posting there but figured most of us here look at the Hawaii thread the most so might miss it in that thread.

Do you know what route you are going to drive? I can't make it at noon, but I might be able to meet up somewhere along the route after 1:30pm.

Not sure what route yet. Figured we'd decide at lunch. I'll post something at lunch on this thread and will pm u my cell if you want to find us.

Would be great if you could join us!

Last edited:
Thanks again all for a great get together and thanks especially to nanimac for arranging (I realized after I left that I hadn't said goodbye or thank you for all of your work!). Until the next time!

Hey what about me? You left me out of the Thank you. I slaved over that hot stove and oven at Niko's all day making that great food. I get no respect for all I do. But neglected as I am treated, I will still be coming to the great meets where we can all get together and exchange stories and ideas and ROAD TRIPS! Did you notice all the heads we turned yesterday during our drives? Lots of good passive fun that does no harm to anyone or anything. Oh yes, a special thanks to Nanimac. She's such an great club President. And Nanimac, just let me say one more thing. Did I tell you that, I GOT 6.0 !?!?!?!

I slaved over that hot stove and oven at Niko's all day making that great food. I get no respect for all I do.
I guess that explains my fish burger.:crying: Never again...
Did you notice all the heads we turned yesterday during our drives?
Did you notice the kids with a GoPro camera on a pole (in the back of a truck) taking video of a long line of Teslas?:cool:
And Nanimac, just let me say one more thing. Did I tell you that, I GOT 6.0 !?!?!?!
Hey, me too. how about you Nanimac?:biggrin: