TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Oakbrook (Chicago) store

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by rabar10, Mar 28, 2012.

1. rabar10

rabar10 FFE until Model 3

We had a previous thread on the Chicago sales and service center, which is now referred to as Tesla Service Chicago. The new store for the region is in Oakbrook Center mall, which is ~10 miles west of downtown Chicago and ~8 miles south of O'Hare airport.

Has anyone been to the new store? Any pics?

From the events listed on Tesla's Oakbrook store page, it looks like the Model S Beta tour just wrapped up on March 25th -- was anyone able to go? The Model S 'tech display' looks to remain there through mid-April...

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I was there in the fall when they had the Beta car there. Very nice people there. The store manager Seneca is great and so are the other people working there.

3. Lancelac

Lancelac 2010 Roadster Sport #690

I was there during the Model S Beta showing as well, but didn't take any pics. The store is very small, but nice looking. I've known Seneca for a few years now as he was the main sales guy at the downtown Chicago store, and he is really capable and knowledgable.

4. dsm363

Seneca gave me and 2 of my friends (we were in Chicago for a meeting) test drives in one of the old VP Roadsters right after they bought the store but hadn't started renovating it. I was a production Model S reservation holder at the time and told him I wasn't planning on getting a Roadster. He still let me and 2 people who definitely weren't getting a Tesla anytime soon go for drives. That was awesome and I ended up getting a Roadster anyway.

5. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

My family was at Oakbrook Center on Tuesday (3/27) and stopped in the Tesla store. They had a black Model S on display that my family was told came in the night before. When I was at the store on New Year's Eve, they had a different Model S beta on display. They told my wife that the one now there is different than the one I saw and encouraged me to come in and see it, which I plan to do this weekend. I'll try to upload a snapshot, which might give some impression of the little store.
    TeslaOakBrook.JPG

6. rabar10

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for the pic and let us know what you see this weekend if you do happen to stop by...

P.S. I see some future Tesla owners there, you might enjoy this thread: What it's all about
    Your pic would fit right in!

7. William13

William13 Member

I plan on going there on Tuesday. They are supposed to still have a black beta at the store. They should have the wall mount of fabrics, interiors, and paint colors ready by then also.

8. rabar10

Did you get a chance to see the store this past weekend?

9. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

I did visit the store on Saturday. They have a black Model S beta and a yellow Roadster in there. I liked the interior of this beta better than the one that had been there in December. I was told that this version was machine-made as opposed to the hand-made prototype of December. I will try to post pictures of the store and the beta.

10. Bucket22

Bucket22 P85 / #3287

Here are a couple of quick pictures of what the Oakbrook store looks like as of 3/31/12 with their latest Model S beta.
    Oakbrook store.JPG
    Model S exterior.jpg

11. rabar10

Thanks for the pics!

I have to think that leaving the Model S hood open (with the car facing the storefront) would pull in some "what-the-?" gawkers that are expecting to see an engine there, but see the frunk instead...

12. crzyskl

crzyskl P6398

I have been to the Oakbrook store several times, that is where I reserved my model S. For being in an actual mall its a nice store. There is always a lot of foot traffic and people asking questions. Almost everytime I am there, people are putting down reservations, that probably is because i only go when the S Betas are there and i am sure it's easier to sell the car when it's in-house. I have seen the signature red Beta and two different white Betas on site. The black one in the pictures definitely looks sweet. i am between white and black right now as my color choices, so i will probably be making a trip there this weekend assuming the black one is still there. The people are great and they will drop tidbits of information if they have heard anything from Tesla recently. I recommend anyone in the area to head out, its a good time and you can spend a good hour in the store just chatting and checking out the different features of the store.

13. William13

William13 Member

I went there on Tuesday to make sure that the Drivers seat was comfortable for me and the lines of sight worked well enough. There are still mild issues finishing the car but the car will fit me and thus I will proceed with the signature performance rather than going cheap which I would have done if it didn't sit well enough, look low quality, or wasn't ergonomic enough. It passed with flying colors. The sales people were all very helpful. I also made my decisions about interior colors after seeing what I believe are final swatches.

14. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I was out there on 5/19 to make my reservation. I made the rounds with a few of the reps there. They had a red beta on display there. I enjoyed the visit, and everyone was very friendly. I posted some pictures of my trip out there if anyone wants to take a gander.

Tesla pics...

15. crzyskl

crzyskl P6398

Unless I am crazy, which is a distinct possibility, the Tesla Oakbrook store is not showing up on the Tesla Stores page, only the Chicago Service Center is showing up. Can someone else confirm?

16. AndyM

AndyM Member

It's there... row 3, column 3.

Control-F, search for "rook". :)

17. crzyskl

crzyskl P6398

Crazy, I checked at home and its there and at work its not there, thats really weird. Hmmmmmmm!

18. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Browser cache?

19. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

I see it on the website...must be your browser cache.

website.jpg

20. dsm363

I might be headed to Chicago for a test drive if my Model S doesn't happen to be delivered in Texas around the same time period. If I can make it, Frontera Grill is definitely in the cards.

Anyone know if the test drives will be based out of the Oakbrook store or from downtown?