Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obama Interviews Sir David Attenborough re: Climate Change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gavine

Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Interesting video on BBC. At 24:41, Obama asks how we can get a handle on climate change and Attenborough said if we can find ways of generating and storing renewable energy.........I was hoping Obama would mention Powerwall and Powerpack, but disappointingly, he didn't. I have to think he's aware of it, but maybe not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat video. Sir David, at 89, is just such a remarkable and accomplished individual.

Yes, I'm sure both Sir David and Pres. Obama are aware of Tesla Energy. But, I don't think it's appropriate for either one of them to kind of endorse a private venture in such a setting.

This sentiment that oil&gas production, the economic recovery, OBL execution, healthcare costs coming under control.....they're all somehow proliferating in spite of Obama is biased nonsense.

He opened up the entire East Coast to exploration and didn't go after BP at all after the Gulf shitshow. Alaska is an absolute free-for-all. Obama is clearly an "all options" energy President, as he should be. Let the people and the market decide our direction and keep EPA regulations rational but firm.

Just a few comments...OBL, really? Would've happened no matter the President. As far as that anemic recovery, it's almost completely being generated by continually low interest rates as set by the FED (over which the Prez has no input) on a national debt that would be about as serviceable as Greece's if said rates were allowed to rise even mildly, and healthcare costs aren't coming under control for everyone with significant premium hikes coming next year and insurance companies bailing in some markets (HI and OR exchanges failing completely). As someone who will no doubt be accused of "bias," opening up the east cost for exploration is about all the credit I'll give him.

As far as that anemic recovery, it's almost completely being generated by continually low interest rates as set by the FED (over which the Prez has no input) on a national debt that would be about as serviceable as Greece's if said rates were allowed to rise even mildly, and healthcare costs aren't coming under control for everyone with significant premium hikes coming next year and insurance companies bailing in some markets (HI and OR exchanges failing completely).

Sigh. I have no problems with people disliking President Obama and his policies. Frankly, he has had some terrible decisions particularly on the FP side such as Yemen and Syria and should be held responsible for those poor decisions.

But, when people start throwing around comparisons to Greece (which has an economy and fiscal issues that are so fundamental different than the US as for the analogy to be farcical) and pick and choose aspects of the ACA to bash, there is clearly an agenda and, frankly, a fundamental misunderstanding of macroeconomics, fiscal policy, monetary policy, and healthcare policy. But then again, you're not really interested in understanding I think. It's just easier to take potshots...

Back on topic, Sir David Attenborough and the BBC have produced some of the most fascinating, entertaining, and educational films I have ever seen. Great video. Thanks for posting.

...OBL, really? Would've happened no matter the President

Why would you think this? Bush lost interest in chasing down Bin Laden as early as 2002 (From 2002: George W. Bush on bin Laden- - 911Truth.Org). That's not justice for those that died on 9/11 nor for those serving in the military thereafter.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as that anemic recovery
Hardly anemic. Please compare to rate of recovery in Europe since the recession. USA is doing fantastic, especially in comparison to countries who applied austerity.