Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OBD II port covered with wire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a late 2016 model S (refresh). I’m trying to access the OBD port but there is a huge wire across it that I can’t move. Is this a miss wire or some kind of preventative measure? Any ideas of this? See photo

Attachments

• CD7F7151-904D-46A8-813C-5A86878EA9C7.jpeg
    CD7F7151-904D-46A8-813C-5A86878EA9C7.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 258
It’s a super ridge coax type cable doesn’t have much give either way. On the right side of the obd it’s actually mounted to a cable guide that holds it in place to the sheet metal that is holding the obd connector. So it was purposely placed there. Strange not sure why they did this. Next service center visit I’ll have them move this or justify why this was done.

It’s a super ridge coax type cable doesn’t have much give either way. On the right side of the obd it’s actually mounted to a cable guide that holds it in place to the sheet metal that is holding the obd connector. So it was purposely placed there. Strange not sure why they did this. Next service center visit I’ll have them move this or justify why this was done.
Have you figured out what it is, I also 2016 refresh and I just tried plugging in my obd2 and I saw the same wire covering. I was able to unclip the wire and move it to the side just wondering if I should put it back. Seems to have been grounded to the car via the clip I disconnected.