Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OBD-II Vehicle Diagnostic Port in Model X -- Where is it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know where I can find the OBD-II port? My insurer, Allstate, has a discount program called Drivewise, which requires a tracking device to be inserted into the OBD to measure speed, braking distances, etc. I can't find the blasted OBD anywhere, and the owners manual is silent on the matter.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Anyone know where I can find the OBD-II port? My insurer, Allstate, has a discount program called Drivewise, which requires a tracking device to be inserted into the OBD to measure speed, braking distances, etc. I can't find the blasted OBD anywhere, and the owners manual is silent on the matter.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you.
It's right above your left foot.

My insurer, Allstate, has a discount program called Drivewise, which requires a tracking device to be inserted into the OBD to measure speed, braking distances, etc.
Interesting. So if the data recorded by that device shows that, for example, the driver was exceeding the speed limit right before an accident could Allstate potentially refuse to cover that driver in the future, or raise rates based on that information?

Sorry to draft off topic, but I think the benefits of possible discount for safe driving with the tracking device is overshadowed by negatives. The insurance company is main goal is to make money - it's a business first and foremost and they will use all available resources, why give them more tools? There are so many reasons to deny safe driving and possibly coverage: speeding, too rapid acceleration, too rapid deceleration, too sharp turns, excessive use of signal, not signaling lane changes and turns, use of media (especially immediately prior an accident), etc.

Reactions: m5james
Dear All,
I know that this is an old tread, but maybe now there are update regarding the OBDLINK MX+.

I bought the OBDLINK MX+ and the cable adapter.

As far as I know it is fully compatible with the Tesla Model X production since 09/2015 and with the app Scan My Tesla.

The only question, I really have is:
Shall I power off the Model X before to plug-in the OBDLINK MX+ or in the Model X is not needed?
For the Model 3 is needed because the CAN bus cable need to be disconnected, but for the Model X under the big monitor there is one CAN port available.

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards
Stefano

I have metromile on my X plaid and it works fine.
1) They kept the OBD port on the newer cars!? They got rid of it on the Model 3 back in 2017.
2) This is just providing power. Your metromile device just needs power and uses GPS and accelerometers for everything else. It doesn't mean there is useful or normal data on that port like there would be on an ICE car.