Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OBD2 port options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a proclip dash mount, I am going to use it for having whatever media is playing displayed infront of me as I am driving, not video just audio. With my, galaxy note 9, google play music in landscape looks kinda odd. So I was thinking of using one of the many diagnostic apps, Torque pro, to have a speedo next to google play. I know that we can get an adapter of some sort so that I can plug in my bluetooth obd2 device. But where can I get that adapter without spending $200?

If you just want to display a speedometer on your phone, there is no need for an OBD2 port. There are many GPS-based speedometer apps that you can use.
I built a GPS-based HUD for my Model 3 before the EVTV adapter was released. My only problem with that is that GPS speedometers will always have a 1-2 second lag. With OBD2, what you see in the speedometer will match the center screen display, so it is not jarring.

Reactions: New_Old_Stock
There are pre and post Jan 2019 versions and EU cables too... the other forum is your friend.

Screenshot_20190914-205110_Gallery.jpg

There are pre and post Jan 2019 versions and EU cables too... the other forum is your friend.

View attachment 456769

Are you certain those are different connectors? Both products are labeled CT20. Per their naming convention those are both 20 pin connectors. I thought I saw it mentioned that the 2019s have a 26 pin connector. Also, I received the rev 03 version and it works with my 2018 vehicle. I know there are connectors for 2019s available elsewhere, but it sure seems like the geotab / xtss is the older connector only.

Are you certain those are different connectors? Both products are labeled CT20. Per their naming convention those are both 20 pin connectors. I thought I saw it mentioned that the 2019s have a 26 pin connector. Also, I received the rev 03 version and it works with my 2018 vehicle. I know there are connectors for 2019s available elsewhere, but it sure seems like the geotab / xtss is the older connector only.
It was actually my photo showing the old rev1 and newer rev3 2017/2018 adapter. So yes, same basic part for the same 20 pin connector.

The phot was not intended to show thr 2017/2018 vs 2019 cables side by side.