Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OBDii to Tesla Pinout for 2017 MS w/20 pin connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few years back I bought a cable that allowed me to connect my OBDii interface to the Tesla connector under the main screen. Yesterday, when I was getting ready to use it again, I accidentally hooked the 20-pin end and yanked it completely off the cable. The connector is fine but the wires were stretched/severed. I see there were 4 pins used but I am not sure if there was any 'circuitry' between the OBDii connector and the 20 pin side (that end is encapsulated in black plastic so I cannot see were the wires went).

Can any one tell me if it is a straight-thru pin connection? I can cut back the cable and re-solder the wires if that is the case.

Thanks.

Frank

A few years back I bought a cable that allowed me to connect my OBDii interface to the Tesla connector under the main screen. Yesterday, when I was getting ready to use it again, I accidentally hooked the 20-pin end and yanked it completely off the cable. The connector is fine but the wires were stretched/severed. I see there were 4 pins used but I am not sure if there was any 'circuitry' between the OBDii connector and the 20 pin side (that end is encapsulated in black plastic so I cannot see were the wires went).

Can any one tell me if it is a straight-thru pin connection? I can cut back the cable and re-solder the wires if that is the case.

Thanks.

Frank
UPDATE - was able to melt the plastic block and found only 4 wires from the OBDii are used, and they are straight thru - no circuit board is used. Cut back the cable, soldered the wires back on and it is working again...