TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Obeche decor options removed from Design Studio today

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by wattsup, Dec 13, 2016.

1. wattsup

wattsup Member

It's down to just Figured Ash, Dark Ash, and Carbon Fiber.

Also, Ultra White seats can now be configured for every model.

2. gungunbluer

gungunbluer Member

Yes, and ventilated front seats are for every model if you choose the premium upgrades package.

3. JRMW

JRMW Member

Wow!
    I'm not surprised glossy Obeche went away, since I seem to be the only one who ordered it! but matte Obeche seemed popular enough

Ultra white seats are a great addition
    They look awesome in person

I wonder how they will hold up stain wise?

4. buffalox

buffalox Member

Yep, I noticed that this morning as well, although for us (Europe) it says "Piano Black, Imitation Ash, Carbon Fibre"..

• Informative x 1
  5. boonedocks

boonedocks Member

I guess my glossy Obeche wood and rear executive seats car just went up in value LOL LOL LOL

6. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

Based on a conversation with some local sales staff, I think this is temporary. I think the figured ash was a slow seller and they need to reduce that trim inventory.

7. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

bundling is coming

8. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

I ordered my 90D on Monday with Matte Obeche. I might be one of the last ones!

9. Kenriko

Kenriko Member

I actually think they are going to refresh the interior in the next few months.

10. j2cc

j2cc Member

You can't now get the Premium package without premium seats...

11. timf

timf Member

I noticed when I visited our local gallery yesterday that the Obeche decor options were missing from the wall despite being present the previous week. I knew they had been removed from Model X but didn't know at the time that had carried over to Model S as well. They wasted no time making the change.

12. onautopilot

onautopilot Member

Too bad about the glossy obeche. It looks great in person. I really love the way it compliments the tan interior. Tesla sure makes a lot of changes, wow.

13. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

What is so interesting about Tesla is their cars are continually evolving almost on a daily basis where as GM and the likes slowly trickle changes in by model year creating a painfully slow process.

14. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That seems highly likely. Just like the X interior options; seat type and color, headliner color, trim type, are now offered in just five fixed combinations (with carbon fiber trim as an add on) instead of a large number of possible combinations.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. Flying Drummer

My order confirmed on Wednesday with matte obeche and tan next generation seats. My DS confirmed my seats will be upgraded to Premium since I'm taking delivery in 2017 and I will still have the matte obeche, so this should be a rare combination. Also will get the perforated and ventilated seats since I ordered the Premium package, woo hoo!

Here's my configuration:

Tesla Model S 60D
    Pearl White | Premium Tan Seats | Black Alcantara Headliner | Panoramic Sunroof | 21" Grey Turbine Wheels | Premium Upgrades Package | Matte Obeche Wood Decor | Enhanced Autopilot | Smart Air Suspension | UHFS Package