Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Observations after 48 hours of ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mdh

VIN 2747 P4679
Jul 30, 2012
Saratoga,CA
- Picked up the car on Thursday. Factory tour was fantastic. They are clearly cranking on cars. Observed massive aluminum stamping machines and robots dancing all over
- The only thing missing were my front floor mats... on back order. Rather crazy that rear mats are not included (IMHO).
- Ordered floor mats for back, trunk and frunk via Autoanything (Lloyds) using Retailmenot coupons (thanks to the forum members)
- Was able to get the homelink working on the second try
- The car updated to 4.1 after approx 24 hours
- Enabled the "sleep" mode. Looks like the car "burned" about 4 miles overnight here in the South Bay (rather cold night). I did not observe any top-off charging so far.
- The bluetooth interaction with my iPhone 5 is a bit buggy
- Took my first long drive this morning to Uvas Road in Morgan Hill. The car is AMAZING! Handling like nothing else I've driven. All I can say is WOW. It seems like the car came close to hitting its rated range, based on simple calc during the 58 mile round trip. Highway speeds averaged 68-70 with only the fan running on its lowest setting. I did about 45 MPH on Bailey and Uvas.
- I was on the fence regarding air suspension... I am glad I purchased it. My friend lives on a very steep driveway off Uvas Road. Plus, the ride was outstanding as 101 needs a major make-over
- The "standard" sound system is very satisfying as I was also on the fence regarding this option. No regrets
- I hope TM decides to give owners up to the end of their OEM warranty to purchase the extended warranty (not to be confused with the battery pre-purchase plan). Many car manufacturers allow this as well. I understand TM is still contemplating the program terms.
- Also pleased with the paint armor on the black paint. The roads were extremely dirty off 880, near Tesla. Some dirt was jumping around on the highway from road construction.
- I hope they add parking sensors to the car, along with rear camera graphical guides

Overall, I am pleased going into my third day. Insane driving experience.

So they are giving factory tours? Just when you pick up your car, or is it open to all reservation holders?

My mother lives across the Bay from the factory, it'd give me an excuse to visit her outside the usual trips.