Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obsidian Black P/AWD Order Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't resist any longer and called 888-51-Tesla number today. Agent took a while "looking into my account" and told me I have an advisor assigned, "Ryan" and that he should reach out to me soon. No VIN assigned.

He did mention that my edit design link should not be visible anymore but when I pointed out that I still have it he was surprised.

So finally, some good news on my end, after 90 days of placing the order !!

Aaaaaaaand the account now changed to let me enter finance info. Edit design link is gone as well! No VIN, but have a delivery advisor assigned as per their sales-support rep I spoke to over the phone yesterday.

AWD, OBM, 19" Wheels, EAP+FSD
Configured on May 20.

Now onto the "Schedule your delivery appointment" step....

I had some free time after class today, and decided I was going to give the center a call and say I noticed my account page looked different and wanted to see if any progress was made.

He said I should expect a call within a week assigning a VIN and discussing the next steps.

4/1/2016 preorder
6/27/2018 configuration
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
  • Obsidian Black Metallic
  • Performance Upgrade
  • 20’’ Performance Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
  • Enhanced Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
I know this isn't actually moving forward, but I'm hopeful and thought I would share with others waiting

Reactions: loganthefirst
Aaaaaaaand the account now changed to let me enter finance info. Edit design link is gone as well! No VIN, but have a delivery advisor assigned as per their sales-support rep I spoke to over the phone yesterday.

AWD, OBM, 19" Wheels, EAP+FSD
Configured on May 20.

Now onto the "Schedule your delivery appointment" step....

Got a call from my DA just now.
Delivery scheduled for September 14th.
VIN 71xxx
Vehicle in transit at the moment!

Got a call from my DA just now.
Delivery scheduled for September 14th.
VIN 71xxx
Vehicle in transit at the moment!

Minor update
- My account page now has a "Make a payment" button, clicking on it takes me to a form where I can enter the bank routing, account number etc....even though I said I am financing.
- Also, noticed the MVPA is updated, now has a "Final Price Sheet" along with delivery date, VIN - looks like this is what I need to submit to my bank to receive a check from them.

^ did you try calling the 51-tesla phone line? I did last Sunday and was informed that I have an advisor assigned and lost the edit design link on Monday. I called the line again on Wednesday and was informed that I have a VIN. Got a call from my advisor later that day.

Mine too - was suddenly notified that it’s in shipping already. No notification of production. Obsidian Black, Dual non-P, VIN 70544 EAP delivering 8-30. :)

Your vehicle and mine are basically twins... I'm VIN # 705xx too, same config as yours assuming you have 18" Aero wheels. Mine was suppose to arrive last Thursday for a Friday delivery yesterday, but was pushed to Monday due to logistics delays.

Your vehicle and mine are basically twins... I'm VIN # 705xx too, same config as yours assuming you have 18" Aero wheels. Mine was suppose to arrive last Thursday for a Friday delivery yesterday, but was pushed to Monday due to logistics delays.

Yes mine also Aero wheels.. And ALSO mine was pushed due to logistics. I could have been there Monday but I’m out of town till Wednesday hence the Thursday delivery.

Received final MVPA last week asking for signature, I signed and submitted it the same day to receive the final signed (by both Tesla and myself) pdf today.

I had submitted the unsigned MVPA to DCU and spoke to them today, they are sending me the check - didn't ask for the signed MVPA.

Delivery scheduled for 9/14, but hoping it arrives sooner now that everything else is in place :D

Looks like the OBM wave is starting to reach the shore...

P3D+, OBM, black premium interior, 20" performance wheels, EAP. Ordered/configured just after the Model 3 order window opened to all, but I am an existing S and X owner.

No VIN yet but delivery scheduled for Friday Sept. 7th in Costa Mesa.

Got the first email with a status update this Monday 8/27, got the call from Tesla in Las Vegas today. Delivery window was September - October up until today, when it suddenly became next week!

Answer those calls from Area Code 702 .....

So the cheque has been sent via overnight, with a photo and tracking number forward to the ISA so they can put my still-unnamed-Model 3 wheels-up anytime now. Currently schedule delivery appointment on September 22.

It's a-happening. :)**

** I so very much hope.

Last edited:
So they are working Labor Day?

Oh. The post you quoted, I wrote on Saturday 8/25. So the context should have been: "Mine was suppose to arrive last Thursday [8/23] for a Friday delivery yesterday [8/24], but was pushed to Monday [8/27] due to logistics delays."

I did take delivery on Monday, 8/27. Here she is:

1Srz8Dv.jpg

As for if they're working Labor Day... Not sure. But my hunch would be yes, but I could be wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911 and njsrikar