Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obsidian Black Touch Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 85D arrived with a tiny chip in the drivers door, unfortunately didn't notice until I pulled into my driveway at home. I think we all know the touch up paints are either not available or severely back ordered, seems like poor planning but that's for another post. My question: has anyone considered another cars touch up paint, specifically MB offers obsidian black. My spot is so small a slight color variation won't be noticeable, certainly less than the white spec.
Any other successful alternatives suggestions?
Thank you,
bp3

My 85D arrived with a tiny chip in the drivers door, unfortunately didn't notice until I pulled into my driveway at home. I think we all know the touch up paints are either not available or severely back ordered, seems like poor planning but that's for another post. My question: has anyone considered another cars touch up paint, specifically MB offers obsidian black. My spot is so small a slight color variation won't be noticeable, certainly less than the white spec.
Any other successful alternatives suggestions?
Thank you,
bp3

That's an excellent idea. With a chip being small, you'll never really notice the color difference. Also, there are paint supply shops that sell paint to body shops. They should be able to color match by the paint code from Tesla.