Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obsolete habits - Any Other Owners Have This Problem?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have two:

- I hate the placement of the stalks and occasionally I hit the wrong one when trying to put on my blinkers. That's happening less and less.

- Having driven manuals my entire life, I find myself reaching for the stick sometimes when I'm about to accelerate (say around a turn) when I think it's time to downshift. I suspect I will do that one for a much longer time.

I have gotten used to the stalks. I like the VW/Audi setup better but they seem fine, and I am not hitting the CC with my knee.

Having driven manuals my entire life also I also feel the need every now and then to 'shift'. But most of the time it isn't there. I think I previously was picking up on sound cues to determine when to shift, and well they aren't really there in the Model S. And with stopping the regen tapering off seems to feel like a clutch is slowly being pushed in so I don't have any sort of feelings. I still have clutch feelings when crawling around a parking lot, basically moving any speed lower than idle in 1st gear. When accelerating hard, or at high speed, wind noise will ramp up quickly. Those times I feel the need to shift.

Lucky for me I have only 'phantom clutched' and stomped on the brake pedal twice so far. And both times were at slow speeds. I am much worse in ICE automatics.

So the obvious thing is that I forget to lock my ICE routinely (when I need to drive it) and I end up leaving the thing running when I get out. I've also almost slammed into the back of other cars after lifting off the accelerator and NOT getting the regen braking I'm expecting.