TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Obtaining Signature Red paint, is it possible?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by NoMoGas, Jul 29, 2013.

1. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

I am just about set to order a P85+ but am hung up bad on the color. The color I REALLY want is the Signature red, but is isn't available. Is there an aftermarket alternative or even a paint code that I could get and, as much as I'd hate to do it, re-paint my brand new car?

Any advice greatly appreciated. I REALLY want this color.

2. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Well-Known Member

The point of Signature Red is that it is only available on the Signature model and to those who paid a lot of money to get a Signature vehicle. Making the color available on a non-signature or as an after market item completely devalues the color and would hock off a lot of Signature owners. Best of luck.

3. HHHH

HHHH Member

Sig Red won't be available but you have other options like a wrap or a complete repaint if it's something you have to have. If you are a little flexible Multi-coat has some interesting dimension to the color, have you seen a MC Red in person yet?

4. Eberhard

Eberhard #421 Model S #S32

i will get mine delivered in 24 days signature red P85+

5. HHHH

HHHH Member

Lol, way to rub it in bro. You could always go this route and order one in Europe if they're still doing signatures reservations...

6. Eberhard

Eberhard #421 Model S #S32

no, there are all gone. i had to wait for more then 2 1/2 years.

7. HHHH

HHHH Member

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Speaking of wraps, I went scouting for Sig Red for sale used on a few of the obvious sites and no hits. But...

2013 Tesla Model S Performance for Sale in Riverside, CA
    2013 Tesla Model S Performance For Sale
    $69,999
    2,500 miles
    5YJSA1AC2DFP10125

Seemingly good price, except for the fact that it's not a Perf ... nor even an 85 kWh (looks to be a 40 -- C)... and doesn't have Twin Chargers or SC (A).

Be careful out there.

9. K5ING

K5ING MegaMiler

I don't have a paint code, but I think it's very much like "Garnet Red". I used to own a Toyota pickup truck in that color, and I loved it. I've seen some Cadillacs in the same shade of red too.

10. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Ya know, now that I think of it, Lamborghini had a 4 stage red that looks to be real close. Im wondering if someone with a Sg Red has the paint code?

hever0904.jpg

11. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Perhaps it's the lighting but that looks more like new red, not old red.