Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obtaining Signature Red paint, is it possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am just about set to order a P85+ but am hung up bad on the color. The color I REALLY want is the Signature red, but is isn't available. Is there an aftermarket alternative or even a paint code that I could get and, as much as I'd hate to do it, re-paint my brand new car?

Any advice greatly appreciated. I REALLY want this color.

I am just about set to order a P85+ but am hung up bad on the color. The color I REALLY want is the Signature red, but is isn't available. Is there an aftermarket alternative or even a paint code that I could get and, as much as I'd hate to do it, re-paint my brand new car?

Any advice greatly appreciated. I REALLY want this color.

The point of Signature Red is that it is only available on the Signature model and to those who paid a lot of money to get a Signature vehicle. Making the color available on a non-signature or as an after market item completely devalues the color and would hock off a lot of Signature owners. Best of luck.

Sig Red won't be available but you have other options like a wrap or a complete repaint if it's something you have to have. If you are a little flexible Multi-coat has some interesting dimension to the color, have you seen a MC Red in person yet?

Speaking of wraps, I went scouting for Sig Red for sale used on a few of the obvious sites and no hits. But...

2013 Tesla Model S Performance for Sale in Riverside, CA
2013 Tesla Model S Performance For Sale
$69,999
2,500 miles
5YJSA1AC2DFP10125

Seemingly good price, except for the fact that it's not a Perf ... nor even an 85 kWh (looks to be a 40 -- C)... and doesn't have Twin Chargers or SC (A).

Be careful out there.

I don't have a paint code, but I think it's very much like "Garnet Red". I used to own a Toyota pickup truck in that color, and I loved it. I've seen some Cadillacs in the same shade of red too.

Ya know, now that I think of it, Lamborghini had a 4 stage red that looks to be real close. Im wondering if someone with a Sg Red has the paint code?

hever0904.jpg