Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obvious features/functions that weren't obvious to you

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
However, this software update trick seemed to stop working a couple years ago. In this one case, it may be bc the car was queued for an update and was waiting for a wifi connection? Would be interesting to know if the car connected to other wifi networks prior
Nice to know. I’m at my SC now and just connected to the WiFi. I guess I’ll go home.:D

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
I still don't understand how the homelink is supposed to work. I'm assuming you still have to manually open the garage when you're leaving? Then it will auto-close after you exit? It's weird when you're about to leave and press the homelink to open the garage door but it says "auto-close in 20 feet press to skip" before you opened the garage door. Am I doing this right?

I still don't understand how the homelink is supposed to work. I'm assuming you still have to manually open the garage when you're leaving? Then it will auto-close after you exit? It's weird when you're about to leave and press the homelink to open the garage door but it says "auto-close in 20 feet press to skip" before you opened the garage door. Am I doing this right?
Auto close in 20 feet means once you move forward 20 feet it will send the signal to close the garage.
I typically open the garage door when I enter the garage and as I start to pull out of the driveway the car beeps and the garage starts to close. On the other end. When I get home the door opens automatically, then when I go into the house I shut the garage door behind me.

In my garage the garage door buttons are at the door into the house. Makes sense for me.

Auto close in 20 feet means once you move forward 20 feet it will send the signal to close the garage.
I typically open the garage door when I enter the garage and as I start to pull out of the driveway the car beeps and the garage starts to close. On the other end. When I get home the door opens automatically, then when I go into the house I shut the garage door behind me.

In my garage the garage door buttons are at the door into the house. Makes sense for me.

Thanks, for some reason I thought it would auto-open the door as you put the car in drive or something.

1.You can close the popup window (setting, phone, ac control) by simply click blue area without click ‘x’.
CF41DA0B-6D92-426C-BE96-D068C75E13AE.jpeg

2.Dragright or Drag down Navigate button will automatically navigate to Home / Work based on time.

3. Create multiple profiles for commute, travel, supercharing with different seats, wheel settings.

4. Stop navigation voice command have almost 100% success rate to cancel a navigation.