Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obvious features/functions that weren't obvious to you

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1.You can close the popup window (setting, phone, ac control) by simply click blue area without click ‘x’.
View attachment 342645

2.Dragright or Drag down Navigate button will automatically navigate to Home / Work based on time.

3. Create multiple profiles for commute, travel, supercharing with different seats, wheel settings.

4. Stop navigation voice command have almost 100% success rate to cancel a navigation.

I think #2 is based on location and not time.

I don't get why the driver-side mirror tilts because unless you are parallel parking on the driver-side on a one-way street, it's fairly pointless. No other car I have owned with auto-tilt in reverse functionality ever adjusted the driver-side in addition to the passenger-side mirror.

Huh. FWIW, I've never had a car that didn't. Much easier to see the parking spot lines as you're backing in, so it always made sense to me.

Huh. FWIW, I've never had a car that didn't. Much easier to see the parking spot lines as you're backing in, so it always made sense to me.

Both mirrors? Then maybe it was a German thing.... Last two BMWs I had only tilted passenger-side mirror and only if the window adjustment switch on the door panel was toggled towards the passenger-side. Between one titled mirror and a rear view camera (with lines) that’s more than sufficient for backing into majority of parking spots. Parallel parking in the city without the driver (street) side mirror in an upright angle is almost asking to be charged with manslaughter considering the propensity for bikers and pedestrians to simply not give a f*ck.

Both mirrors? Then maybe it was a German thing.... Last two BMWs I had only tilted passenger-side mirror and only if the window adjustment switch on the door panel was toggled towards the passenger-side. Between one titled mirror and a rear view camera (with lines) that’s more than sufficient for backing into majority of parking spots. Parallel parking in the city without the driver (street) side mirror in an upright angle is almost asking to be charged with manslaughter considering the propensity for bikers and pedestrians to simply not give a f*ck.
My moms Toyota and my dads Lexus tilt both mirrors when backing as well.

..any service ticket? I do have an active one. Sorry for the newbie questions. Just curious.

Well it actually worked! Parked at service center for about 15 min and voila, v9 came tonight. I do in fact have a service appointment for Monday for the steering control module. So @TexasEV it could be that.

Update also could have been coincidence, but I think Model 3s were something like 4% today so unlikely.

Well it actually worked! Parked at service center for about 15 min and voila, v9 came tonight. I do in fact have a service appointment for Monday for the steering control module. So @TexasEV it could be that.

Update also could have been coincidence, but I think Model 3s were something like 4% today so unlikely.

A ton of Model 3s got it overnight- mine included

Reactions: ceekz
I assume this was pre-9.0? Previous to 9.0, there was alway a "tell" on the IC (or, I'd assume the main screen for Model 3) if auto lane-change would or would not be allowed...if the lane you wanted to change into (left or right) was not explicitly shown (i.e. there was not another set of lane lines beside the one you were currently in), then that was the clue that auto lane-change wouldn't work.

So driving on a surface street, the IC would just show the current lane I was in and therefore I knew I could not auto change lanes on AutoPilot. And even some stretches of highways/freeways would (sometimes inexplicably) not allow the lane change. So if I was on the freeway and tried to auto lane change to the right and it didn't work, I'd look down at the IC and see that maybe it was only showing my lane and the lane to my left. That meant, at that very moment anyhow, that it would let me auto lane change to the left, but it would not allow me to auto lane change to the right. Of course, after a few seconds to a minute that situation might change.

Post 9.0, I find I can auto lane-change some surface roads that are not highway/freeways. Some can and some can't. Not sure if the "clue" above will apply to 9.0 as well, but it certainly might. If so, you can glance at the lanes being displayed before attempting to demo to your friends.

I thought this was bug as well but after conversing with the service techs I found the issue is the type of road (per the installed navigation maps). The manual does inform you of this but it is not really obvious what it is telling you until you experience the issue. The lane change feature will not work on highways that are not limited access highways. I have a section in Iowa on highway 151 where the function will work and a section where it does not and I have since paid attention and the areas where it does not work are in the non limited access regions of the highway.

• Informative
Reactions: tigerrr
I thought this was bug as well but after conversing with the service techs I found the issue is the type of road (per the installed navigation maps). The manual does inform you of this but it is not really obvious what it is telling you until you experience the issue. The lane change feature will not work on highways that are not limited access highways. I have a section in Iowa on highway 151 where the function will work and a section where it does not and I have since paid attention and the areas where it does not work are in the non limited access regions of the highway.

It's dumb that it doesn't say it can't/won't change lanes. I just sit there with the turn signal on for miles, waiting for it to decide it's OK to do.

What gets me is that for most things you don't even need to read the manual--simply exploring the menus and tapping through everything reveals what's possible. Yet many people are content to post a question and wait for someone to spoon-feed them an answer instead of figuring it out on their own. Just two recent examples:

Auto Car Locking
Keep side mirrors folded?

As time goes on, though, I realize that I'm probably the outlier as the first thing I do with every new device, app, OS, etc is go through every single option to see what they all do.
Did you know, that if you try to drive the car with the mirrors folded, they'll pivot out on their own?