TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

OBX test drive?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Jrreich, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Jrreich

Jrreich New Member

I've got a friendly request. After getting my new model 3 in October, my mom is now convinced she needs one herself. Unfortunately, she's 5 hours away from me and over two hours away from the nearest Tesla dealership. Is there anyone in the OBX area that would be so kind to let her test drive their model 3 or even just meet with her to show her the ropes of how they work?

I'll be seeing her at Christmas but she is ready to order like tomorrow and I think she should at least drive one first.

Thanks and good karma in advance for anyone who could help.

2. Brad_NC

Brad_NC Member

I miss OBX, haven't been in 2 years. Unfortunately I won't be headed that way any time soon, but if she's headed to Myrtle Beach, SC area anytime soon, just let me know.

P.S.
    From my prospective (which is not always the popular opinion), most people don't need to test drive a Tesla, they just need to know how to drive, and understand what they're getting into (charge at home overnight as much as possible, long distance travel will probably take a bit longer, etc [things that you already know about since you're an owner as well]). Nearly everything about a Tesla will likely be much more simple than anything she is used to from previous cars.

3. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Active Member

I’m gonna say since I don’t know what/where OBX is that I’m not in the area. I thought you were talking about some new car.

• Funny x 2
  4. RayK

RayK Active Member

Outer Banks, NC. The very thin strip of islands off the coast of NC. Never been there either but know of the area and it's abbreviation.

• Informative x 1
  5. puckpurnell

puckpurnell Member

Think Wright Brothers - 1903

• Like x 2
  6. CatB

CatB Member

Wish I could help. There is a Hampton Roads area Tesla club - have you checked with them?

7. jthompson

jthompson JThompson

Has your Mom gone to the Tesla website and requested a test drive?