Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OBX test drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a friendly request. After getting my new model 3 in October, my mom is now convinced she needs one herself. Unfortunately, she's 5 hours away from me and over two hours away from the nearest Tesla dealership. Is there anyone in the OBX area that would be so kind to let her test drive their model 3 or even just meet with her to show her the ropes of how they work?

I'll be seeing her at Christmas but she is ready to order like tomorrow and I think she should at least drive one first.

Thanks and good karma in advance for anyone who could help.

I miss OBX, haven't been in 2 years. Unfortunately I won't be headed that way any time soon, but if she's headed to Myrtle Beach, SC area anytime soon, just let me know.

P.S.
From my prospective (which is not always the popular opinion), most people don't need to test drive a Tesla, they just need to know how to drive, and understand what they're getting into (charge at home overnight as much as possible, long distance travel will probably take a bit longer, etc [things that you already know about since you're an owner as well]). Nearly everything about a Tesla will likely be much more simple than anything she is used to from previous cars.

I've got a friendly request. After getting my new model 3 in October, my mom is now convinced she needs one herself. Unfortunately, she's 5 hours away from me and over two hours away from the nearest Tesla dealership. Is there anyone in the OBX area that would be so kind to let her test drive their model 3 or even just meet with her to show her the ropes of how they work?

I'll be seeing her at Christmas but she is ready to order like tomorrow and I think she should at least drive one first.

Thanks and good karma in advance for anyone who could help.

Has your Mom gone to the Tesla website and requested a test drive?