TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

OC motor show: Roadster Sport.

Discussion in 'Video' started by TEG, Nov 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#1 TEG, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Is that VFX style copper + carbon fiber?
    Is this EM's new car?

(drool!)

2. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#2 vfx, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    Kept hearing about it but first tie I've seen a picture. That is Elon's new car. He copied my paint.

3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

When I saw your paint, I started wondering how good it would look with the Sport carbon fiber package. Now we know... awesome!

4. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Very nice.

Wonder where P1 is heading?

5. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I plan on more CF as well. I want the wing to also contain a backup camera. Elon is apparently wants the top rear deck to be CF down the middle. It's a custom job. The paint is also slated to go satin which is another thing i asked for Tesla to do -and refused.

6. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Yeah, I was wondering about that too... But having one car in NorCal and one in SoCal could be handy for someone flying back and forth frequently.

I used to think that black with red accents was the way to go for "coolness factor", but these days it seems a bit too simplistic and blunt compared to something more sophisticated like the copper+carbon fiber. I have a different, but related idea of what I would do if I ever manage to get a Roadster.

7. gunnit43210

gunnit43210 New Member

Very cool

Cool like the colour