Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OC Tesla Club EVent - Ride or Drive in our Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AEdennis

Jul 23, 2013
The better half and I are taking delivery of our Model 3 on Friday, December 28 at Marina del Rey. Many of you will be getting your configuration emails soon and will want to have seen as many of these in person. At our last meet-up at Portola on December 16. We were lucky that @capt601 friend Robert took delivery of their 3 and showed off the car to those that came. We are hoping to work with Tesla to do this event AT A STORE so that those that want to try and compare with the new S and X can do so while also seeing our 3. This is a very busy time for Tesla, so they're not sure if they can make the event for Saturday. But are checking. So, at the moment, we've scheduled this event at SOCO/The OC Mix.

Tesla is trying to get a count to gauge their ability to participate as well as provide an S and X for the "bake-off"/comparison portion of this meetup.

For those that want to know what to expect. We ordered the Model 3 in Blue and have the 18 inch aerocaps.

In the meantime, we want to tentatively schedule this event later in the morning/early afternoon. As we all know, the Farmers Market for SOCO/The OC Mix is on Saturdays and is scheduled around the same time as our meet, so our "usual" meeting parking area will be filled with farmers. So, let's all try to park together at the South East Corner of the parking lot for the center (our common alternate spot). This is the parking lot where Hyland Drive ends at South Coast Drive and the freeway entrance to the North 405 is located (by the Southernmost sign for the center (facing the 405 freeway).) This is the parking for Stark and Cisco home.

We plan on parking around that spot and taking folks on the ride (and drive of our Model 3 from that area.) Please note that the 3 is OUR personal vehicle and I reserve the right to choose who gets to drive our car. And for those interested, the Farmers Market is on until 1 or 2pm...

As always, RSVP here, via email and/or - meetup.com - Test Ride or Drive our Model 3. Location TBD (Tentatively SOCO Saturday)

View Event

The better half and I are taking delivery of our Model 3 on Friday, December 28 at Marina del Rey. Many of you will be getting your configuration emails soon and will want to have seen as many of these in person. At our last meet-up at Portola on December 16. We were lucky that @capt601 friend Robert took delivery of their 3 and showed off the car to those that came. We are hoping to work with Tesla to do this event AT A STORE so that those that want to try and compare with the new S and X can do so while also seeing our 3. This is a very busy time for Tesla, so they're not sure if they can make the event for Saturday. But are checking. So, at the moment, we've scheduled this event at SOCO/The OC Mix.

Tesla is trying to get a count to gauge their ability to participate as well as provide an S and X for the "bake-off"/comparison portion of this meetup.

For those that want to know what to expect. We ordered the Model 3 in Blue and have the 18 inch aerocaps.

In the meantime, we want to tentatively schedule this event later in the morning/early afternoon. As we all know, the Farmers Market for SOCO/The OC Mix is on Saturdays and is scheduled around the same time as our meet, so our "usual" meeting parking area will be filled with farmers. So, let's all try to park together at the South East Corner of the parking lot for the center (our common alternate spot). This is the parking lot where Hyland Drive ends at South Coast Drive and the freeway entrance to the North 405 is located (by the Southernmost sign for the center (facing the 405 freeway).) This is the parking for Stark and Cisco home.

We plan on parking around that spot and taking folks on the ride (and drive of our Model 3 from that area.) Please note that the 3 is OUR personal vehicle and I reserve the right to choose who gets to drive our car. And for those interested, the Farmers Market is on until 1 or 2pm...

As always, RSVP here, via email and/or - meetup.com - Test Ride or Drive our Model 3. Location TBD (Tentatively SOCO Saturday)

View Event

Since I originally wrote post as an EVent in club section... time and dates:

Saturday, December 30 from 10:30am to 1:30pm

Ok. Tesla is OUT for this Saturday but offering to do a bake off in January. We may take them up on it.

SOCO is ON and THE location. See you folks there. I have budgeted and have time until 1:30pm for this... I plan on going to my insurer, AAA, on Friday to get documented, etc. However, there is a chance that I may be 15 minutes late (fashionably if you will) if I have to see AAA at 10am (they're around the corner from SOCO)...

Because of the overwhelming response to the event please note that Test Drive priorities go to active members along with length of membership with the club. We may not get to everyone on this day, but we plan on doing the bake-off with Tesla in January.

[NOTE: DATE CHANGE - Tesla Time strikes again! We just heard that our pick up has been pushed back 23.5 hours to Saturday afternoon. As such, we are rescheduling this EVent to Sunday, Same Time, different part of parking lot, the area just South of the Farmers Market Stalls (same place as the meetup two weeks ago).]

The Better Half and I are taking delivery of our Model 3 on Saturday, December 30 {Removed start}Friday, December 29{Removed End} at Marina del Rey. Many of you will be getting your configuration emails soon and will want to have seen as many of these in person. At our last meet-up at Portola on December 16. We were lucky that @capt601 friend Robert took delivery of their 3 and showed off the car to those that came. [NOT NOW, MAYBE IN JANUARY - {Removed start}We are hoping to work with Tesla to do this event AT A STORE so that those that want to try and compare with the new S and X can do so while also seeing our 3. This is a very busy time for Tesla, so they're not sure if they can make the event for Saturday. But are checking. So, at the moment, we've scheduled {Removed end} ] WE'VE CONFIRMED this event at SOCO/The OC Mix.

[NOT NOW, MAYBE IN JANUARY - {Removed start}Tesla is trying to get a count to gauge their ability to participate as well as provide an S and X for the "bake-off"/comparison portion of this meetup.{Removed end}]

In the meantime, we have scheduled this event later in the morning/early afternoon. As we all know, the Farmers Market for SOCO/The OC Mix is on Saturdays, since we moved the event to Sunday, we can now meet at the Farmers Market Stalls (parking lot just South of the Stalls.)

We plan on parking around that spot and taking folks on the ride (and drive of our Model 3 from that area.)

[UPDATE 2017-12-26. Tesla End of Year deliveries has taken priority at Tesla. So they will not be able to participate. As a result, this event WILL be at SOCO. Additionally, we MAY do the "bake-off" in January and Tesla has offered us some dates. We're going to need to check to see OUR availability to see if we can match up with them. Stay tuned.]

View Event

The event was a blast. We stayed an extra 2 hours to make sure that everyone got to ride and/or drive the 3. We had two other 3 show up a Silver and a Red one as well as 19" wheels. So, lots of things folks can compare.

Reactions: Tam