Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Occupancy of Superchager

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had a bad experience today. I went to Panda hotel to charge my MS around 3:15pm today. I saw 2 MS, one is matellic red (seems wrapped) and one white were charging at 4/F. So I went to 7/F and 2 white MS were charging too. I waited at 7/F for a few minutes and one MS left. I was my turn to charge. After I had completed changeing, the white MS beside me was still there. When I went down to 4/F the metallic red was still there and also a white one beside it. Which I was not sure the white one was same car or not coz I couldn't remember the car number.

PLEASE DON'T USE THE SUPERCHARGER AS YOUR PARKING SPACE!!!!!

anyone wanna chip in to a bulk order for these? :biggrin:

71akYUCUj9L._SL1500_.jpg

i suggest car parks should charge for some amount of extra parking fee for those parking lots with charging facilities. e.g. hk$ 10-30/hour.

i am willing to pay for it myself and to make all tesla owners a little more convenient.

As I have suggested many times, the only way to rectify this problem is via a valet type of service. Works best for everyone involved.

The reason why it happens in Hong Kong is because all of the superchargers are located within parking lots. In the US, people use them to charge up on long trips (and 99% of the time they charge at home). I suspect most HK Tesla owners do not have access to a home charger or work charger. This is what is causing the problem. The situation in Hong Kong is unique which is why Tesla should do the numbers and realize its far more cost effective to hire valet staff compared to building greenfield parking lots. Tesla at this point is probably erroneously thinking: "why prioritize HK superchargers as their are more per capita than anywhere else and Hong Kong drivers do not need to travel long distances". But I think they are missing the point I just raised.

Wow, some guy's was vandalized in Panda last night cause he parked at the SC for 3 hours. Two problems here, the new car owner needs to be educated, and why would someone be so bad as to vandalize, he should just leave them a note. Usually this type of occupancy does not happen more than once. And once again, SC is such a scarce resource that Tesla need to use new ways to make sure everyone can use them (including valet, pay per charge, building out more). Current system is not working and will not work.