Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OCPA/CCE -- opt out or stay with SCE? (HB, Irvine, Fullerton, Buena Park only)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of us who live in Huntington Beach, Irvine, Fullerton, or Buena Park will be defaulted into a new CCE through the newly formed OC Power Authority later this year, unless we opt out and choose to stay with SCE.

The OCPA energy rates have not yet been made public, but my understanding is OCPA customers will not be subject to any of the shenanigans going on with CPUC/NEM 3.0 (although I am far from certain about this).

Has anyone considered the pros and cons of OCPA vs SCE as homeowners with solar +/- battery storage? I know it is an evolving situation and we don't have all the details yet but perhaps some here know more about the situation than I do (particularly with respect to how OCPA will handle net metering).

Link: Orange County Power Authority - Orange County Power Authority

Check the fine print. Our CCE had monthly true-ups for the power generation portion, whereas the power distribution under SCE is yearly true-up.
That meant that I had months where I was paying for generation even though I had plenty of credit from the distribution portion.
At the end of the year, you may end up losing out because you couldn't apply credit fully.
I switched back to pure SCE as soon as I could.

• Informative
Reactions: Dukeybootie