Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oct. 17 - Model 3 Reveal Pt. 2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blogger or "journalist" who regularly mines TMC forums for material pens latest scoop: "Knowledgeable sources in the Tesla community suggest Tesla Model 3 will begin rolling out soon after the October 17 'product unveiling' that was teased by Elon Musk's weekend tweet. This latest acceleration of the Model 3 production schedule caught most industry analysts off-guard and their surprise was anticipated by Musk when he said it would be 'unexpected by most'."
Now it's a copy and paste! Should hit the front of the press any minute.

I find it interesting how reactions to Tesla announcements seem to always go. There is a rather predictable series of 'Terrible Toos' that comes about. Too little, too late, too much, too soon... It seems that those who complain can never seem to quite make up their minds. That said, if it turns out that the 215 mile minimum noted at the Model ☰ Reveal Part I was a typographical error, and that it should have been shown as a 250 mile minimum instead, I doubt too many would complain.

That said, if it turns out that the 215 mile minimum noted at the Model ☰ Reveal Part I was a typographical error, and that it should have been shown as a 250 mile minimum instead, I doubt too many would complain.
I dunno... I can picture something like this:
"Another example of Tesla's dysfunctional and horrible communications. They can't even get a simple thing like the estimated range right. Grow up, Tesla; you can't hide behind that "startup company growing pains" mantra forever. And Musk needs to go. Can't have the head guy contradicting and changing the company's announced plans with rogue tweets... that's assuming the company even does any planning beyond Musk's thumbs (seriously, someone should take his phone away and stomp on it). I'm selling my 15,000,000 shares immediately. The company will be gone before October 17".
:)

Last edited:
My best guess, all new cars being shipped with Tesla Vision autopilot hardware, which could explain the reason the 60D MX was withdrawn from sale, adding the new supercomputer and subsidising the 75D didn't work financially.

I dunno... I can picture something like this:

"Another example of Tesla's dysfunctional and horrible communications. They can't even get a simple thing like the estimated range right. Grow up, Tesla; you can't hide behind that "startup company growing pains" mantra forever. And Musk needs to go. Can't have the head guy contradicting and changing the company's announced plans with rogue tweets... that's assuming the company even does any planning beyond Musk's thumbs (seriously, someone should take his phone away and stomp on it). I'm selling my 15,000,000 shares immediately. The company will be gone before October 17".

:)
Hmmm... All that sounds strangely familiar somehow...

:D

Reactions: CSFTN and melindav
Eh, Hints and details about the Model 3 seem better reserved for the reveal part 2. And that seems better hyped up. While Tesla tends to announce small things like new battery size without any real warning. So, something in between is likely. Autopilot could make sense, but it's not really a product or unexpected (unless you consider the unexpected part being the timing not the product (if you can call autopilot a product)).

My best guess is something along the lines of wireless charging? IDK.

Reactions: Red Sage
OK, here is my unexpected prediction: a Heads Up Display option for the Model S/X.

My second guess is AP 2.0 retrofit for existing Model S/X.
I would agree. I have a feeling that if this isn't AP 2.0, it will be a supporting technology that leads further towards autopilot advancements, and an HUD is definitely one of those. My guess is that it will be discussed as a safety improvement to keep your eyes looking ahead and not have to glance down anywhere.