Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oct. 17 - Model 3 Reveal Pt. 2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As pack prices come down... you're likely to see the capacity of the current Powerwall offering for under $1000 in the not so distant future.

Once that happens, I would gladly buy one to at least hook my refrigerator into in case of power outage.

But I'm lucky, power lines in my neighborhood are underground, and we have lost power twice in the 3 1/2 years we've been in the house, for a combined few hours.

I suppose it would be good for selling back to the grid, or storing a few kWH for the Model 3 to charge during peak times. Other than that....I'm probably not their key demo. I live in a townhouse and can't alter the outside for solar. :(

Musk tweeted at 12:24 California time: "This is also what I was alluding to by Model 3 part 2"

Whoa! Today's announcement is the second part of the Model 3 reveal? Since it is not a live stage event, I would guess that Tesla is going to reveal much more detail about the Model 3. That is fantastic news, if my guess is correct. Or I could be wrong...

I bet they're going to show off the interior and Tesla's second gen hardware for autopilot.
I think Elon is going to reveal "Tesla Vision", the new interface between the driver and the car and the new name for Autopilot. It is the "like driving a spaceship" tease that he tweeted shortly after the Model 3 reveal 5 months ago when he said that the steering wheel in the prototype Model 3 vehicles is "not the real steering wheel".

No, I think Elon is going to reveal "Tesla Vision", the new interface between the driver and the car and the new name for Autopilot. It is the "like driving a spaceship" tease that he tweeted shortly after the Model 3 reveal 5 months ago when he said that the steering wheel in the prototype Model 3 vehicles is "not the real steering wheel".

could also be that ambiguous line re: autonomous driving and/or the Model 3: "we're going to do the obvious thing".

Reactions: Red Sage
With all this, I find it somewhat gratifying that anything 'gee-whiz' regarding the Model 3 just happens to be rolled out about the same time GM starts to roll out their mass market Bolt. Strategically, a way to keep many from defecting to the new GM product and keeps the geek in all of us salivating for our very own Model 3.