Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oct 2019 build model s. Haven’t received v10

Dcopper

Oct 8, 2019
San Diego
I have been tracking users getting v10 updates. However my vehicle has not gotten it. I went as far as chatting with service. They resent the current version to my vehicle. But this did not install v10.

so I am wondering if any other raven model s owners have seen this software update yet.

Thanks

Zaxxon

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2012
Colorado
It's typical for new vehicles to be off the beaten path of software releases for some time after delivery (weeks). My X was like that in June, I've seen several other folks with similar, and your software version is one of the 'exists only on newly-delivered vehicles' variety. So I would say you likely just haven't been moved off the new-vehicle stack yet. I'm not sure exactly why they quarantine new vehicles like this, but they do.

Reactions: jdw and croman

Dcopper

Oct 8, 2019
San Diego
Update. Mobile service just came out for a different issue. I asked him about the software not being updated. He was able to log into the system and see for some reason the car kept on getting factory v9 redeployed. He was able to, with the help of an engineer, get the car on development versions instead of factory. It is installing now.

_jal_

Dec 6, 2016
Chicago
Did the tech make it sound like it never would have gone off the factory version? I’ve got the same version on my new car and wonder if I need to try to get service’s attention.

_jal_

Dec 6, 2016
Chicago
Cool. Thanks. When I picked my car up they hadn’t removed all the protective plastic off the dash. Maybe they missed the “take factory software out” delivery step too

assayed

Oct 13, 2019
San Jose, CA
My Model S long range (Sept 26, 2019 delivery) finally got software updates this week end. First I got upgraded from 2019.32.2.2 to 2019.32.2.4 on Friday, then I got another download to 2019.32.12.4 on Saturday. Both installed with no issues and I love the new v10 features.

advocate8

Nov 12, 2019
North Carolina
I can't easily connect to WiFI and have to make a special effort. Dumb question, but will Tesla notify me via LTE that an update is ready so that I can park it where it CAN download? Or does it have to be WiFi'd to even get a notice? Have been stuck in 2019.31 since delivery a month ago.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC