Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 19 Car Registrations Data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
where are we on the Osborne effect graph now?

Not sure there is anything better coming to the UK market in the near future.
Any non-Tesla buyer will have to join the queue with the Ipace's etc at the woefully inadequate and unreliable public chargers.
The fast, reliable and expanding (well it was) Supercharger network was a key factor in my buying decision.

Reactions: Roy W.
Ah, sorry, I meant EV versus ICE

48700238-15422501377430449.png

Actually looking at the latest SMMT forecast it's clear they don't have a clue.
They forecast for 2019:
  • BEV registrations to rise 114.1%, taking market share to 1.4%, from 0.7% in 2018.
Well by their figures BEVs are already up by 151.8% with a 2.2% market share

They forecast for 2020:
  • BEV registrations to rise 89.3%, pushing market share up to 2.9%.

Someone needs to tell them about 0% BIK !

Reactions: WannabeOwner
expanding (well it was) Supercharger network

12 in 2017
6 in 2018
3 in 2019

Not sure where the "half" of 1.5 will be in 2020 :)

As ever, with Tesla, history no indicator of future, and supposition often miles from actuality (which can be in either Good or Bad direction)

e.g. Existing chargers recently made faster "overnight", so more cars-per-hour throughput on existing stalls.

Looking at the past 12 months posts on 'EV drivers' work forum (including the charge point queuing), the trend seems mostly flat (up to maybe last month). I think we have 1 MS and 1 M3 right now, many of the others being PHEV. We're at the front of the adoption curve (tech company), and still there is not a big visibility of EVs - M3 might start to change that, I think there are a few more on order.

Looking out onto my works car-park of about 250 cars I can see two BEV's ( one being mine) and about 5 or 6 hybrids.

I am the only person who runs no ICE cars in my family and friends circle, indeed I don't know of any others in that circle whom own a BEV.