TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

October 2019 Delivery Experience in Colorado

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Probllama, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Probllama

Probllama Member

I probably benefited greatly from the slow US deliveries these days so when we arrived at noon for our appointment there was no one else taking delivery. I had my detailed checklist with me and our delivery guy said take as much time as you like inspecting the car. It was a bright sunny day and the car was parked outside. It was nicely detailed and charged to 90%. For the most part fit and finish was good. Still there is a visible frunk alignment issue (driver side goes over the headlight level while the other side is lower than the headlight level) that we had to document. Hopefully SC won't tell me that it is within spec. Other than that on the way home after making a phone call the music wouldn't play from any source but once I did a reboot at home it was fine again.

Overall super happy with the car and pleased with the delivery experience minus the frunk alignment issue.

2. crypticphildz

crypticphildz Member

Awesome to hear! I am taking delivery on the 31st here in Denver/Littleton, Hoping everything goes as well as yours did, my car is still in transit and with this winter strom i hope it gets here for thursday delivery. I already was pushed back two days due to taking longer to get to Denver. Enjoy your new Model 3!

3. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

Congrats on your new 3 !!! Any pics of the frunk misalignment ?

4. MTSN

MTSN Member

I’ve taken delivery of 2 Model 3s from the Littleton center, and both were nice and smooth as well. Glad to hear you had a good experience! Forums are generally where negative experiences get amplified and good ones go largely unnoticed, so it’s refreshing to hear what I think the vast majority of deliveries are like.

5. TTM3

TTM3 Member

Quick question- when did you place your order and what model? I ordered my P3D (in Denver) on 10/7 and it was a 2 week delivery quoted until about 2 weeks after the order.. since then there is no delivery timeframe and the local sales guy says he thinks P3Ds May be mid to end of December. ..arg

6. crypticphildz

crypticphildz Member

So I got pretty lucky, I originally ordered a SR+ white on white interior with aero wheels, on the 10th of October. Fast forward to the 17th and I called to see what was up with the deliveries being pushed to November and December and he found an inventory model that was white on black with the 19" sport rims in Fremont at the factory that was manufactured in 9/29. Just lucked out really. I feel all of your guys pain. I would be super impatient right now is in want taking delivery soon! Good luck and I hope you get your P3D soon.

7. Probllama

Probllama Member

Thanks! I just took pictures of both sides but the pictures aren't really doing justice. It is so visible that even the delivery guy saw it before we pointed out and took pictures for the due bill.

Attached Files:

8. SoManyM3s

SoManyM3s Member

My trunk is similar to yours; I was told within spec.

9. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

Thanks for the pics !! My frunk was badly misaligned on delivery as well. The Delivery Advisor refused to add the misaligned frunk to my "Due Bill", saying it was "within spec". I called and complained to the SC about my terrible delivery experience and they agreed to add it to the Due Bill. When the service advisor at the Tesla Approved Body Shop first saw my car, the first comment she made was how bad the frunk was misaligned....

10. riversjc

riversjc Member

Just to add - I received my M3 SR+ with a super misaligned frunk, and the SC fixed after the fact with no due bill. Granted it was within a week of delivery, but they fixed it at no cost.

11. JimDog

JimDog Member

Happy to hear the service is good. I just placed an order (White on Black LR AWD) this past weekend (10/26) and it already feels like it's been a year haa haa. Hoping the year end production rush doesn't mean vehicles with more imperfections. But I also hope I get it by 12/31 before the Fed & State credit drop.