Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order date was 10/14, YLR, red and white interior, no FSD, no hitch. The EDD was 2/7 - 3/7 since the beginning. Today it jumped to 12/20-12/31. i would like the possibility of a tax refund so tomorrow I’ll drop by the showroom and see if I can delay.

This is crazy... my OD was 10/4 for a MYLR Blue/Black, 5 seats, 19" wheels, no tow, no FSD. Original EDD was Mar/Apr. That promptly went to June 2022. I left my profile at the financing stage, but wasn't going to complete that, because I didn't want a hard inquiry, only to have the approval expire prior to delivery. A couple weeks ago I switched my payment method to cash, and uploaded my insurance info. A couple days later, my EDD went back to Mar/Apr. That lasted a couple days, and it's now back to June.

I haven't done anything with the tesla app yet.... could that be causing a delay? Why are orders placed later in October getting much sooner EDDs?
I believe it’s because the 20” wheels seem to mean quicker production turnaround, and, in the case of the post prior to yours, a regular late quarter push to deliver to the west coast to reduce shipping time and maximize the volume of delivered vehicles. Total speculation based on other posts I’ve read, but you can see a big difference in the Tesla ordering interface in delivery of a 19” vs 20” config.

I am from Toronto. My OD was 10/5 for MYLR white/black 5 seats 19” wheels w tow hitch. Original EDD was also Apr but kept bouncing - now it’s 2/24-3/24 after it was sitting for a while on 2/2-3/2. Wondering if delay is due to Giga Austin or not.

Update on November-
OD: 10/5
First EDD: March 18, 2022 – April 15, 2022 on 10/8
Second EDD: March 07 - April 04 on 10/15
Third EDD: September on 10/30
Fourth EDD: March 19 - April 16 on 11/1
Fifth EDD: February 12 - March 12 on 11/4

This thing is a roller coaster! 4 months to go if I choose to believe it.
Sometime mid-November, it changes to March 06 - April 03. It has been rock solid for a while. Seeing you all got better EDD makes me really nervous.

Hello all, ordered my MYP on 10/22 ....estimated delivery 12/7 - 12/21. No VIN as of yet so still waiting...anyone else still in this scenario?
Hi. Put your order info and estimated delivery date (EDD) history in your signature like many of us do. Helps answer questions. You can update the signature from your profile page. If you are on a mobile phone, you’ll have to be in landscape orientation to see signatures.
I ordered 9/30 and my EDD recently switched to 12/2-12/26. So yup. Same boat as you. You can see my info in the signature.

Hi. Put your order info and estimated delivery date (EDD) history in your signature like many of us do. Helps answer questions. You can update the signature from your profile page. If you are on a mobile phone, you’ll have to be in landscape orientation to see signatures.
I ordered 9/30 and my EDD recently switched to 12/2-12/26. So yup. Same boat as you. You can see my info in the signature.
Sure will do...thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
This is crazy... my OD was 10/4 for a MYLR Blue/Black, 5 seats, 19" wheels, no tow, no FSD. Original EDD was Mar/Apr. That promptly went to June 2022. I left my profile at the financing stage, but wasn't going to complete that, because I didn't want a hard inquiry, only to have the approval expire prior to delivery. A couple weeks ago I switched my payment method to cash, and uploaded my insurance info. A couple days later, my EDD went back to Mar/Apr. That lasted a couple days, and it's now back to June.

I haven't done anything with the tesla app yet.... could that be causing a delay? Why are orders placed later in October getting much sooner EDDs?
It is crazy. my OD for the exact same build is, as shown, 10/25 and Ive been sitting pretty steadily on March 12 to mid April for awhile now, minus a brief blip that lasted hours.