Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if clicking "I'm Ready" puts you to the back of the queue or gets you the next available matching VIN?

You're not at the back of the queue, but you're back in the waiting game for your specific config to be built at the factory. My SA's words "we're all at the mercy of the factory." 😭 My understanding is that it could be as long as 3-5 weeks until your VIN is assigned, that would be my guess for you.

And looks like you're on west coast and Cali so my understanding is VIN Assignment>Delivery time will be like 2-3 days. For Seattle area its 3-5 days.

MYLR Order Date October 1, 2021
Initial Delivery Date: April 2020
Updated: January 28- February 28 2022
Last Update: DECEMBER 16, 2021 (YES I PICK IT UP NEXT WEEK)

I was so shocked I called Tesla just to verify but it’s true. I am super excited.

Attachments

• 37CBBC4A-3694-401C-B44A-02691AAEB535.jpeg
    37CBBC4A-3694-401C-B44A-02691AAEB535.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 54CB7579-BAFA-4927-BEDA-A67542E6B814.jpeg
    54CB7579-BAFA-4927-BEDA-A67542E6B814.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 160
MYLR Order Date October 1, 2021
Initial Delivery Date: April 2020
Updated: January 28- February 28 2022
Last Update: DECEMBER 16, 2021 (YES I PICK IT UP NEXT WEEK)

I was so shocked I called Tesla just to verify but it’s true. I am super excited.
Based on the website, and how it updates the delivery dates now based on the wheels you choose, I can start to see why that configuration would start getting delivered sooner than a Sept order with Gemini wheels (specifically)

You're not at the back of the queue, but you're back in the waiting game for your specific config to be built at the factory. My SA's words "we're all at the mercy of the factory." 😭 My understanding is that it could be as long as 3-5 weeks until your VIN is assigned, that would be my guess for you.

And looks like you're on west coast and Cali so my understanding is VIN Assignment>Delivery time will be like 2-3 days. For Seattle area its 3-5 days.
I don't think anyone really knows what place you end up in the queue when you click "I'm ready". I had my order on hold for quite awhile and when I clicked the button, my EDD fell in line with what was advertised on the main website for new orders. That was 3 months ago and I still don't have a vin.

Reactions: mdchen3
Based on the website, and how it updates the delivery dates now based on the wheels you choose, I can start to see why that configuration would start getting delivered sooner than a Sept order with Gemini wheels (specifically)
It seems like the more you spend or add to the car the quicker you may receive it. If I had ordered the Model Y Performance I could have had it in like 2-3 weeks if not less.

Took delivery last night. SLIGHT driver door misalignment. Almost certainly wouldn't have noticed it had I not been on this forum. :) No plans to even raise it as an issue -it's that minor.

Drove it 140 miles today - mostly highway. Wonderful. The regenerative braking felt (and still feels) very very odd. But I can tell I'm becoming one with it and driving more intuitively now that I've used it for a bit.

Now I'm in the depths of trying to get python to talk to the car's API. I'm trying to build a solution that will adjust car charging speed (amps) based on how much power is coming off our solar panels. 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: SuzyQ4 and BGOwner
Took delivery last night. SLIGHT driver door misalignment. Almost certainly wouldn't have noticed it had I not been on this forum. :) No plans to even raise it as an issue -it's that minor.

Drove it 140 miles today - mostly highway. Wonderful. The regenerative braking felt (and still feels) very very odd. But I can tell I'm becoming one with it and driving more intuitively now that I've used it for a bit.

Now I'm in the depths of trying to get python to talk to the car's API. I'm trying to build a solution that will adjust car charging speed (amps) based on how much power is coming off our solar panels. 😁
You might want to look in to openEVSE if you like tinkering. I have the 48Amp version. Have not used it yet. Still waiting for city to approve my plans.

You might want to look in to openEVSE if you like tinkering. I have the 48Amp version. Have not used it yet. Still waiting for city to approve my plans.

Thanks. It looks like they have some really cool stuff.

It's looking like I'll be able to put something together with things I already have. It's taking some time figuring out how the API works. However tonight I was able to get a "Hello World" program running. I guess in the car world that equates to honking the horn. The car honked this evening and my wife gave me a wide-eyed look. "That's the sound of progress. I can talk to the car using python." LOL

Reactions: ElectricAnt54