Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN assigned this morning....YEA!!! EDD is now June 5-9

Here's my config, OD and EDD's:
MYLR Midnight Silver Metallic | Black Interior | 19" Gemini Wheels | 5 Seats | OD: 10/5/21
Jan 1 - Jan 29
Mar 23 - Apr 20
Mar 26 - Apr 7
Mar 29 - Apr 12
May 6 - Jun 10
Jun 3 - July 8
Jun 8 - July 6
Jun 2 - Jun 16
Congrats.. is it MYP / MYLR?
Do you know if it’s vin from Fremont built or Austin?

Interesting, woke up this morning to find the app still showing "September" for the EDD but the manage button that is normally below the reservation number is gone. Went to my account on a PC and it's now offering me accelerated delivery for the Austin SRMYs. Also noticed that it appears my account status has changed somewhat. Previously I didn't have access to edit the design and my payment method (Cash) was selected. Now I have the ability to edit the design and the payment option isn't set. Curious if this is due to the option to change to MYSR? I'm not really interested in paying an additional $5k-6k over my purchase agreement price for a car that is slightly slower and gets 15% less range. Hopefully I can find an SA that is helpful today to get this straightened out. The available MYSR list were an MSM, a blue, and a black. All with 19", black interior, no tow or FSD.

Interesting, woke up this morning to find the app still showing "September" for the EDD but the manage button that is normally below the reservation number is gone. Went to my account on a PC and it's now offering me accelerated delivery for the Austin SRMYs. Also noticed that it appears my account status has changed somewhat. Previously I didn't have access to edit the design and my payment method (Cash) was selected. Now I have the ability to edit the design and the payment option isn't set. Curious if this is due to the option to change to MYSR? I'm not really interested in paying an additional $5k-6k over my purchase agreement price for a car that is slightly slower and gets 15% less range. Hopefully I can find an SA that is helpful today to get this straightened out. The available MYSR list were an MSM, a blue, and a black. All with 19", black interior, no tow or FSD.
This happened to me last night. Instead of “September
We’ll notify you when it’s time to continue your pre-delivery tasks”

it was

“September
Manage your reservation”

It took me to a different screen on the site that said “Prepare for delivery” and I flipped out. That’s when I realized it was bc they were offering me the SRMY 😅😅😅😅

Once again, it narrowed down to 2 weeks. Now June 22-July 6. This is the 19th EDD change, so I'm not sure if this will stick. I hope it does.

I've started to pay closer attention now that my delivery window has shortened to two weeks. It is in no way a promise from Tesla but it makes delivery in the next few weeks quite a bit more likely. Up to now all my windows have been about a month.

Was June 2 -- July 2
Now June 18 -- July 2

I need to vent! After seven months of long wait my car is finally ready for pick up today. We had everything completed, even paid the downpayment thinking that the horrid delivery stories must be a tiny fraction. Well guess what? It turned out we are a part of that tiny fraction, or maybe it’s not that tiny after all.

Yesterday at five I saw Tesla calling. I thought it’ll be the typical we look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning blah blah. Then I heard “sorry we have a bad news”. Apparently my car was backed into on the front by another car when it’s charging to get ready for delivery about an hour earlier. The Tesla rep was trying to tell me it’s cosmetic and they will just need to order a new bumper and replace the damaged one and everything behind it. But when I saw the photo it’s a like wrench to my gut. We aren’t talking about a paint scrape - it’s a deep cut through wound right beneath the parking sensor! I don’t know whether that’s cosmetic or not but I really cannot bring myself to accept a $60k NEW car that was damaged like this. A lot of frustration and logistic panic (we’ve sold the other car to make room for the Y) later, I told the rep we will have to refuse the car. Now we are back to waiting for another VIN match. I know this doesn’t happen that often. But when it happens when you are all pumped up for the long awaited delivery, it’s devastating.

SO, whoever backed into a white model Y at the Houston service center on June 3, I need an apology from you!

Question for those who has refused delivery, how long did it take you to be rematched? Now we are left to figure out how to survive this period with just one car. I see a lot of Uber rides in my future…

I need to vent! After seven months of long wait my car is finally ready for pick up today. We had everything completed, even paid the downpayment thinking that the horrid delivery stories must be a tiny fraction. Well guess what? It turned out we are a part of that tiny fraction, or maybe it’s not that tiny after all.

Yesterday at five I saw Tesla calling. I thought it’ll be the typical we look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning blah blah. Then I heard “sorry we have a bad news”. Apparently my car was backed into on the front by another car when it’s charging to get ready for delivery about an hour earlier. The Tesla rep was trying to tell me it’s cosmetic and they will just need to order a new bumper and replace the damaged one and everything behind it. But when I saw the photo it’s a like wrench to my gut. We aren’t talking about a paint scrape - it’s a deep cut through wound right beneath the parking sensor! I don’t know whether that’s cosmetic or not but I really cannot bring myself to accept a $60k NEW car that was damaged like this. A lot of frustration and logistic panic (we’ve sold the other car to make room for the Y) later, I told the rep we will have to refuse the car. Now we are back to waiting for another VIN match. I know this doesn’t happen that often. But when it happens when you are all pumped up for the long awaited delivery, it’s devastating.

SO, whoever backed into a white model Y at the Houston service center on June 3, I need an apology from you!

Question for those who has refused delivery, how long did it take you to be rematched? Now we are left to figure out how to survive this period with just one car. I see a lot of Uber rides in my future…
That really stinks! Sorry to hear about your experience. I was wary of delays with the delivery so I ended up holding off selling my car till after I took possession of the Tesla.

Ugh! I am so sorry that happened, how frustrating. Hopefully you get a VIN match soon!

Same here. I just re-affirmed i'm paying cash and it went back to the normal view of waiting in Sept. jail. Either way, i'm hoping this is a sign that we will be getting our MY soon. I'm not getting an upgrade....no, not gonna do it.

Figured I'd post some eye candy in here. Just got a coat of Griot's 3-in-1 Ceramic wax on my car yesterday evening with good quality microfiber towels this time around and that made all the difference. Was so much easier! Highly recommended Griot's PFM towels and edgeless detailing towels. The car is really sparkling!

20220604_124042.jpg

20220604_124213.jpg