Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my Tesla Model Y LR (white, everything basic) yesterday. Order date: Oct 26, 2021. Delivery date: June 23, 2022. SF Bay area.

Loving the car but went through the inspection checklist today (I found this list: GitHub - polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist: Checklist for Tesla Model Y Let me know if there's a better list) and ran into some manufacturing defects. How do i report them? I am within 72 hours 100 miles

Finally got my Tesla Model Y LR (white, everything basic) yesterday. Order date: Oct 26, 2021. Delivery date: June 23, 2022. SF Bay area.

Loving the car but went through the inspection checklist today (I found this list: GitHub - polymorphic/tesla-model-y-checklist: Checklist for Tesla Model Y Let me know if there's a better list) and ran into some manufacturing defects. How do i report them? I am within 72 hours 100 miles
Assuming you are not rejecting the vehicle, you have to go to the Tesla app on your phone and schedule service to report the issue.

Reactions: ehog and Otter2007

Lucky you.. congratulations.. I see the benefits being is socal.. 🤓

I have the same order date.. let’s see how long more..

Reactions: Otter2007
Is anyone contemplating adding the 6K Enhanced autopilot instead of the full FSD? I wonder if that will improve EDDs as well.
I’m not.. I would get FSD for 10k.. which is still allowed as my order is from 10/21.

It’s all a myth.. adding FSD/EA or changing to MYP..

I’m gonna stuck it out and believe that my order will be fulfilled…

I did yesterday, I hope by the end of the weekend something moves.
I would think for Tesla getting $6000 for software would be a higher priority than getting $5000 for a performance and different hardware, I can only hope!
Please report back if your EDD improves. I'm thinking of doing the EA also. Especially if it improves my EDD.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Assuming you are not rejecting the vehicle, you have to go to the Tesla app on your phone and schedule service to report the issue.
Thanks. Just completed a thorough inspection and found 26 manufacturing defects - some more serious than others. I can only report 1 issue via the tesla app and there's no way (to my knowledge) to reach a live service rep. Any recommendations?

Reactions: Otter2007
with 26 defects I would think long and hard about rejecting the vehicle and getting the next one.
As someone else said here, make your call based on nature of the defects. But if one is paying nearly $70k for a new car, one should try to get most of these fixed. Tesla apparently knows that they have a lot of manufacturing defects.

Most of my issues are relatively minor (spacing issues, fitting issues) but the two biggest ones are (1) the door closing issues (many seem to have raised them. Unless you bang the front door closed, they remain open) and (2) loud and unpleasant sound if the car goes into or comes out of park mode.

I've raised all the issues to Tesla through the app (hyperlinked my google spreadsheet that enumerates the issues) and scheduled my tech visit for Thursday (earliest I could find a slot that works). Let's hope their service professionals can help. I'm going to keep my miles on the car to a min until they come.

I got an email from Tesla saying that my order agreement has been updated. But I haven't done any change with my order. Now my Order Agreement document shows OD 06/24/2022.😤 ( but it was 10/22/2021) My EDD is still the same and now I am afraid that they will reset my place in queue with new OD.🤣🤣🤣
If you did not make any change, there is no reason for them to change OD. Call them and sort it out.