Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My moms Y is still holding May 30th-June 27th.

Man this has been a totally different experience compared to my 3 order. Less of a roller coaster where every 3 days or so saw a change in EDD with it either going forward and backward( though remained in the same general timeline).

The Y has seen a lot less fluctuation in terms of EDD updating, but when it has been changing it has been slides.

honestly I think the “completed profile” theory is a hoax. My order date was 10/3 and I didn’t complete payment until mid-Feb when I entered the EDD timeframe about 5 weeks ago. Then I got pushed way out after approvals, etc a couple days later. The former algorithm (FSD scheme) bumped everyone out and even though it’s corrected now, it probably means we just are stuck where we are, generally, based on location and other factors.

honestly I think the “completed profile” theory is a hoax. My order date was 10/3 and I didn’t complete payment until mid-Feb when I entered the EDD timeframe about 5 weeks ago. Then I got pushed way out after approvals, etc a couple days later. The former algorithm (FSD scheme) bumped everyone out and even though it’s corrected now, it probably means we just are stuck where we are, generally, based on location and other factors.
For me, I ordered Aug 31. At that time, EDD was January. End of October it was March. Nov 1 I completed profile and went from a month to Mid-March to Mid-April. (Exact date in signature). Since then, my EDD has been constant with other November orders. Others have reported same experience.

In addition, I have made same suggestion to people who said their EDD has pushed out to September and after they fixed profile, EDD has pulled back in.

Reactions: Firocity
For me, I ordered Aug 31. At that time, EDD was January. End of October it was March. Nov 1 I completed profile and went from a month to Mid-March to Mid-April. (Exact date in signature). Since then, my EDD has been constant with other November orders. Others have reported same experience.

In addition, I have made same suggestion to people who said their EDD has pushed out to September and after they fixed profile, EDD has pulled back in.
But you're EDD isn't that much different than mine....and I ordered 10/9 and completed my profile on 10/9...

I dont get it? That’s not what we ordered and it’s not even available to order?
I don’t know what to tell ya. There was an expectation of some kind of announcement from Elon tonight but he just left without announcing anything new.

He did say “Austin built vehicle deliveries begin now…..” whatever that means... The mystery continues… 🤷🏽‍♂️

Whelp, EDD still hasn't changed since Texas opening like many idealist hoped. Still in September jail. Just emailed my SA about availabilities "Nothing at all. There are no cars on the ground at all. All showrooms are empty. Not even cars for test drive."
ugh...sucks, right? literally no news at all. i was really hoping for something. i guess at this point we can only hope we don't get pushed out further.

Mine just moved from Apr 21-May 19 to September 🥶

Attachments

• 57676973-E2B6-4991-911E-2755959848C6.jpeg
    57676973-E2B6-4991-911E-2755959848C6.jpeg
    346.3 KB · Views: 72
ugh...sucks, right? literally no news at all. i was really hoping for something. i guess at this point we can only hope we don't get pushed out further.
Push out further... yeah, idk, it's a lost for me, tried to get a MY before or by summer, not after, idk what to do with a vehicle in winter, hence I don't want to take deliver in winter. Also end goal was Cybertruck, not sure when exactly is the Cybertruck coming out, maybe late next year worse case scenario, but still MY is a filler vehicle & felt like purpose to fill in this summer was lost.

Whelp, EDD still hasn't changed since Texas opening like many idealist hoped. Still in September jail. Just emailed my SA about availabilities "Nothing at all. There are no cars on the ground at all. All showrooms are empty. Not even cars for test drive."
That’s is true. When we got our MYP instead of MYLR on 3/29, we were told few days after they stayed until 1AM EOQ to wrap up deliveries. They told us it was the best decision that we switched, otherwise there are no guarantees when the MYLR will come. They said the model X that were back ordered for a year is the priority. Waiting for MYLR was frustrating and we are happy with the MYP.
Maybe October for MYLR 🤷🏻‍♀️. I had 09/21/21 OD.
Our SA had MYP and trading it with X, he will get his X this week. Good luck and hoping you all get your VINS soon.

So... At a time when demand is outpacing supply, Tesla opens the US' largest factory by size (per Elon) but rather than building it's most popular model configuration, currently with a huge backorder list, they want to start a new one (MYSR) that no one is able to order yet?

Never mind that building affordable cars for sale goes against Tesla's pay-to-play sales model that is used to hype EOQ numbers. Given current conditions, I wouldn't be surprised if MYLR's pricing gets bumped to mid to high-$60K so the MYSR can start in the low-mid $50K to compete with the likes of Hyundai Ioniq 5, Kia EV 6, etc.

Very frustrating...