Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD is still holding at 12/4-12/31. Was on the phone with a SA and he assured me I’d be taking delivery in December …I’m not gonna hold my breath but I do have hope. OD 10/24

I see your point but if you sell it like most people in about 5 years then milage, condition, and remaining battery capacity will play major role.
I'm closer to 1-3 years for most of my vehicles, the MYLR was 11 months. It wasn't planned that way but having a newer model year netted a significantly higher offer from Carmax ($5k more than I paid when new) since it was still the current model year in production.

Reactions: MY-user
I think the orders in this thread, and particularly ones placed before the 10/05 $1,000+ bump are going to find themselves in a sweet spot.

3+month EDD's suck, but the stacking benefits of beating the price increases, getting the EV tax credit (provided it gets signed into law in the next few weeks) , and a '22 Model year with a decent shot at late '21 / early '22 deliveries having one-piece fronts and rears isn't half-bad.

The Beta-builds have been rattling around Austin for about a month, so if they fire up the MY line those March EDDs will likely become Jan/Feb.

Elon has said from a QC standpoint, the production line ramp-up period is one of the best times due to the necessity to "get it right", and a lot of the East Coast cars delivered in late '21 and early '22 will be part of that production line ramp at Giga-Austin, so they will be meticulously and slowly working on those units.

The downside is that they just dropped off the 4680 production equipment 2 days ago in Austin...so no 4680's or structural packs til '23 logically...bummer. But to me the timing and conditions for October orders is better than getting a MY made in SoCal for more money, and no possibility of the Giga-press front-end as well as all the other little mid-model refresh features that pop up.

All the leg work has been done, so hopefully all the October orders will get to ride a wave of accidental good-timing. The website is updated, the app pushed a new update, the model designations for '22 are re-aligned, the prices have been gently adjusted, and tomorrow is the Earnings call for TSLA stock. If you're playing in the bonus-round like me, you may have even bought a bunch of stock the day before you ordered (10/01), and got a *so-far* 15% discount (if I sold).

From looking at the MY order tracker spreadsheet, I really hope they concentrate on 7-seaters heading to the North/East. If you sort that spreadsheet, it kind of stands out that those customers are getting the shaft slightly at the moment.

Update on November-
OD: 10/5
First EDD: March 18, 2022 – April 15, 2022 on 10/8
Second EDD: March 07 - April 04 on 10/15
Third EDD: September on 10/30
Fourth EDD: March 19 - April 16 on 11/1
Fifth EDD: February 12 - March 12 on 11/4

This thing is a roller coaster! 4 months to go if I choose to believe it.

Update on November-

Same order date as yours and my date is jumping around, now it's Feb 25-March 25. I really need a car by Jan so I am hoping it will get pulled in 🤞

My EDD updated this morning.
Model Y, LR, red with white interior, no other options (no performance, no FSD, no wheel upgrade)
Order date was 10/17
original EDD March 14-April 11 2022, just changed to Nov 4-8 2021. VIN was assigned, all paperwork finalized, etc.

Update on November-

Can I assume this is a long range?

I ordered 10/20 MYP white/black hitch and have a vin/all paperwork done EDD of 11/15-21. I did have a coaster ride there though.

My EDD updated this morning.
Model Y, LR, red with white interior, no other options (no performance, no FSD, no wheel upgrade)
Order date was 10/17
original EDD March 14-April 11 2022, just changed to Nov 4-8 2021. VIN was assigned, all paperwork finalized, etc.
I’m seeing something similar to my order MY LR, Red, 7, tow hitch, and 19s.

Ordered 10/15
Original EDD Mid March 2022 - Mid April 2022
Then to late Feb - late March
Then to mid Feb - mid March
Now Nov 17 - Nov 30

I’m going to delay it.