Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tow hitch looks like is delaying orders. I see folks who ordered after me have received their car.
Red color + Tow Hitch = Delay Tesla Delivery
Interesting. We don't have an urgent need for the car yet, thankfully. But as we get closer to the point where we need another car, I wonder if contacting Tesla and either removing the tow hitch or telling them it would be OK to delay just that part of the car would work. (I know they sell it as an after-market add-on for $200 more.) My biggest concern would be having to accept a new base price as a result, since I think it has gone up at least another $2K since we confirmed our order. We'd probably be OK with paying an extra $200 to get the car sooner (and get the tow hitch later) if we have to, but not an extra $2200 or more.

Reactions: pgcoco
Interesting. We don't have an urgent need for the car yet, thankfully. But as we get closer to the point where we need another car, I wonder if contacting Tesla and either removing the tow hitch or telling them it would be OK to delay just that part of the car would work. (I know they sell it as an after-market add-on for $200 more.) My biggest concern would be having to accept a new base price as a result, since I think it has gone up at least another $2K since we confirmed our order. We'd probably be OK with paying an extra $200 to get the car sooner (and get the tow hitch later) if we have to, but not an extra $2200 or more.
I know what you mean. Personally I don't care about tow hitch but my husband wanted it so am good with it. But if I knew it would delay my order I would not added that to my cars configuration. I hope the delay is not due to tow hitch but that said, I have not seen any many red cars with tow hitch been delivered recently on this forum. I do see few red deliveries here and there but not much. Looks like Tesla doesn't have Red paint. :)

I know what you mean. Personally I don't care about tow hitch but my husband wanted it so am good with it. But if I knew it would delay my order I would not added that to my cars configuration. I hope the delay is not due to tow hitch but that said, I have not seen any many red cars with tow hitch been delivered recently on this forum. I do see few red deliveries here and there but not much. Looks like Tesla doesn't have Red paint. :)
Funny, I'm the one who suggested the tow hitch for my wife's car, figuring we'd find it useful to attach a bike rack on future trips. Maybe I'll call or email during the week and see what they say about it.

Funny, I'm the one who suggested the tow hitch for my wife's car, figuring we'd find it useful to attach a bike rack on future trips. Maybe I'll call or email during the week and see what they say about it.
Yeah Tow hitch is a guy think..for me. lol
He also wants to add a trailer or something down the road for road trips and all. But looking at all the posts I have barely seen a combination of Red and Tow hitch here.
The fun thing is for almost a month my EDD was stuck at Dec 24-Dec 31 but this morning It changed to Estimated Delivery: January 14 - February 11
Kinda like this EDD, maybe I can use the EV credit but then that said I am sure CA orders will be pushed for EOQ Rush.
My OD - 9/5, changed Color Red 9/8, Tow hitch, No FSD, Sacramento Area

Yeah Tow hitch is a guy think..for me. lol
He also wants to add a trailer or something down the road for road trips and all. But looking at all the posts I have barely seen a combination of Red and Tow hitch here.
The fun thing is for almost a month my EDD was stuck at Dec 24-Dec 31 but this morning It changed to Estimated Delivery: January 14 - February 11
Kinda like this EDD, maybe I can use the EV credit but then that said I am sure CA orders will be pushed for EOQ Rush.
My OD - 9/5, changed Color Red 9/8, Tow hitch, No FSD, Sacramento Area
My OD was 10/30, Red/Black, 5 seats, 20" wheels, w/ Tow. I briefly had a Dec 14-31 EDD, but recently pushed back to Feb 11 - Mar 11.

My OD was 10/30, Red/Black, 5 seats, 20" wheels, w/ Tow. I briefly had a Dec 14-31 EDD, but recently pushed back to Feb 11 - Mar 11.
OD 10/31, MYLR, Red/Black, 7 seats, 19" wheels, w/ Tow. EDD is "June 2022" and hasn't budged since the order was placed. That's for my spouse's car, but my MYP (Blue/Black/Tow) ordered 11/04 has continued to pull in from "January 2022" to mid December. That's the opposite of what I wanted!

OD 10/31, MYLR, Red/Black, 7 seats, 19" wheels, w/ Tow. EDD is "June 2022" and hasn't budged since the order was placed. That's for my spouse's car, but my MYP (Blue/Black/Tow) ordered 11/04 has continued to pull in from "January 2022" to mid December. That's the opposite of what I wanted!
MYP will be much faster. But strange that your MYLR shows just a month. Mine did that until my payment method was not completed. What does it say in the App in the schedule tab. Should be similar to the attached and show “We’re Building Your Car”

Attachments

• 3083F7E2-1C7D-430E-8772-6A6097F804C4.png
    3083F7E2-1C7D-430E-8772-6A6097F804C4.png
    362 KB · Views: 262
MYP will be much faster. But strange that your MYLR shows just a month. Mine did that until my payment method was not completed. What does it say in the App in the schedule tab. Should be similar to the attached and show “We’re Building Your Car”
Here’s what I see

Attachments

• 69BAC27D-FC49-449C-AAE2-878507CD70CB.png
    69BAC27D-FC49-449C-AAE2-878507CD70CB.png
    368.1 KB · Views: 100
Original order date 10/13/21

Picked up MYP today at Mt Kisco New York. Small scratch on the rear tail light. Documented and will be replaced at my first service when I have the home link and mud flaps installed.

Pretty seamless. Even comes with installed USB-C ports. Also small oil stains on rear seats in 4 places. Tech came out and cleaned it before I left the lot.

Good experience, but the lot was crazy busy. So many people picking up cars.

Good luck everyone!

Original order date 10/13/21

Picked up MYP today at Mt Kisco New York. Small scratch on the rear tail light. Documented and will be replaced at my first service when I have the home link and mud flaps installed.

Pretty seamless. Even comes with installed USB-C ports. Also small oil stains on rear seats in 4 places. Tech came out and cleaned it before I left the lot.

Good experience, but the lot was crazy busy. So many people picking up cars.

Good luck everyone!
I will be picking up from Mt. Kisco as well when my time comes. Sounds like a good experience, thankfully. Hopefully my pickup will go as smoothly! Congrats!

Reactions: Apathy
This is crazy... my OD was 10/4 for a MYLR Blue/Black, 5 seats, 19" wheels, no tow, no FSD. Original EDD was Mar/Apr. That promptly went to June 2022. I left my profile at the financing stage, but wasn't going to complete that, because I didn't want a hard inquiry, only to have the approval expire prior to delivery. A couple weeks ago I switched my payment method to cash, and uploaded my insurance info. A couple days later, my EDD went back to Mar/Apr. That lasted a couple days, and it's now back to June.

I haven't done anything with the tesla app yet.... could that be causing a delay? Why are orders placed later in October getting much sooner EDDs?