Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I'm at the end of Oct orders :).
OD - 10/29. Blue MYLR with Black interior, Gemini wheels, 5 seater, no FSD. EDD hasn't changed from June. I'm also trying to tradein a vehicle so maybe that impacts delivery? I was also wondering if I should add FSD if it moves the date 🤷🏻‍♂️.

OD - 10/29. Blue MYLR with Black interior, Gemini wheels, 5 seater, no FSD. EDD hasn't changed from June. I'm also trying to tradein a vehicle so maybe that impacts delivery? I was also wondering if I should add FSD if it moves the date 🤷🏻‍♂️.
I plan on trading in, I don't think that should affect it... but I think your EDD will jump around, according to everyone's experience. I also don't think FSD would affect it since it's not a hardware change and that could easily be added post-delivery

I wouldn't add FSD now. You'd be paying more in taxes and your base car value would be higher if you need to pay annual property tax on it. Feels like the better thing would be to add it after delivery. I'd also highly recommend trying the subscription first. $10k is a lot to drop on something that doesn't really work. It's an amazing tech demo and if you want to be at the forefront of the tech while it improves, and go in with eyes wide open about what exactly you are getting, then I think it can be great. But I wouldn't drop that kind of money on it today hoping to achieve level 4+ autonomy within even the next 5 years.

I’m in the same boat- but my EDD has been 12/19 - 12/31 since the beginning with no change. I have noticed that the overwhelming majority of people here seem to have ordered the long range over the performance model. For me, the extra performance I get for another $5k (8%) is well worth it. I’m a little surprised more people don’t opt for this especially considering the delivery dates are so much sooner?
My EDD just changed to 12/16 - 12/30 and they texted me asking if I had a trade in via text. Movement!!!! Getting excited :)

Hi all! So excited for you. I wanted to share a few things that helped me while I waited (ok, it was more of fueling the anxiety, but we all love it, right?)
Partipate in the unofficial delivery date tracker! The Google sheet will show all entries and you can see average delivery times. I found this helpful. Enter your own details by following the link in the TOP LEFT.
And if you’re like me, I’m sure you’ve watched a ton of YT videos. I recommend Bearded Tesla Guy as he films a lot of drives and real world experiences. Inspired by some of these folks, I also made some videos- ones that help fill the gaps in information i wasn’t finding for my MYP. I’ve done interior, exterior tours and the one I could *not* find anywhere was an in-depth UI/Screen tour, I hope, gives y’all even more info for your MY’s to get you excited and more knowledgeable about your Tesla.

Hi all! So excited for you. I wanted to share a few things that helped me while I waited (ok, it was more of fueling the anxiety, but we all love it, right?)
Partipate in the unofficial delivery date tracker! The Google sheet will show all entries and you can see average delivery times. I found this helpful. Enter your own details by following the link in the TOP LEFT.
And if you’re like me, I’m sure you’ve watched a ton of YT videos. I recommend Bearded Tesla Guy as he films a lot of drives and real world experiences. Inspired by some of these folks, I also made some videos- ones that help fill the gaps in information i wasn’t finding for my MYP. I’ve done interior, exterior tours and the one I could *not* find anywhere was an in-depth UI/Screen tour, I hope, gives y’all even more info for your MY’s to get you excited and more knowledgeable about your Tesla.
I just sorted the google sheet for my car's configuration and there are only a handful of them...just 32 of them and the average of about 3 months from OD to Delivery date. I will completed 3 months on Dec 5 which is tomorrow...so in order to stay positive, maybe I will get my car sooner?? :)

Reactions: Skyeforge
I wonder how much if any the people taking their orders off hold that had them since at least going back to April are effecting our EDD's. My moms Y slipped from February 23rd to March 23rd to March 15th to April 12th.

Ordered 10/14. EDD was February for many weeks, then last Sunday (11/28) moved forward to late december. Excited. Now, Today, Sunday 12/5, moved to March. Bummed. No one can figure out the Algorithm, but for me it appears that they make changes on the weekend.

Just got the text asking if I was ready to take delivery. I ended up putting a hold until February, and it gave me a date of February 2nd. Will end up taking it then whether EV credits are there are not.

Anyone know if clicking "I'm Ready" puts you to the back of the queue or gets you the next available matching VIN?