Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was my progression.

EDD: 2/26-3/28, 2/10-3/10, 12/08-12/21, 3/2-3/30, 2/17-3/17, 4/29-5/27, 3/18-3/31, 3/16-3/20

The last 3 changes happened over the last 10 days. Last Friday I received the 3/16-3/20, and the VIN was assigned on Sunday. From what I've seen with mine and many others, it seems that once you get assigned a 2 week window, you are very close.
congrats, mine jumped around very similar to yours now I'm 3/11-3/31, got a text today asking if I have a trade-in, and to contact my SA if I do. No VIN OD 10/28

I wish I could experience what you said...my EDD shifted from 02/22 03/21 to 03/14 03/31 more than a month ago, which I thought was a good sign and then about 2 weeks ago it shifted to 04/22 05/23 and has stayed that way. WTF. I even changed my order to cash payment recently hoping it will move something.
This was my progression.

EDD: 2/26-3/28, 2/10-3/10, 12/08-12/21, 3/2-3/30, 2/17-3/17, 4/29-5/27, 3/18-3/31, 3/16-3/20

The last 3 changes happened over the last 10 days. Last Friday I received the 3/16-3/20, and the VIN was assigned on Sunday. From what I've seen with mine and many others, it seems that once you get assigned a 2 week window, you are very close.

I wish I could experience what you said...my EDD shifted from 02/22 03/21 to 03/14 03/31 more than a month ago, which I thought was a good sign and then about 2 weeks ago it shifted to 04/22 05/23 and has stayed that way. WTF. I even changed my order to cash payment recently hoping it will move something.
Sorry, forgot to post my order details:
MYLR White, White interior, no tow, no FSD
Delivery: Michigan
Ordered Oct 18 2021
EDD Apr 24 - May 22

My EDD just changed yesterday to a 10-day window (see EDD history in signature) for the first time. I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I still think it will be May before I actually get delivery, but all my windows before this have been much larger.
I am picking mine up in MN (Eden Prairie) as well and my EDD date just changed this morning from 3/17-3/31 to 3/22-3/31. The same window as yours.

I did order mine on 10/2 so hoping I don't shift out of March.

The plus side is I have a better chance to get Austin build and maybe even a tax rebate if Manchin figures things out but of course everyday without a Tesla is a day without a Tesla so that hurts too.

Lesson learnt: Do not alter anything in your order before a VIN is assigned. If you do your EDD will be impacted.

I had my EDD as Mar 18 - Mar 31 and was happy it came to a 2 week window and was expecting a VIN assigned anytime. Then Tesla texted me if I want to tradein a car. I opted for it and provided all the details of my current car. I really wanted to see how much Tesla can offer against a carvana offer I already have. I waited for a week for Tesla to get back with tradein offer and it did not happen. On 3/2 EDD changed to generic September 2022. I went to Devon PA SC yesterday and enquired about the EDD jumps. I learnt that just because I opted for tradein my profile became "Not complete" and I went to back of the line. I debated with the SA how that can be fair. Moreover the tradein offer is delayed from Tesla. SA was apologetic but immediately wrote a note to backend team to expedite the tradein offer. Within 30 minutes I received the tradein offer which was much less than the carvana offer so I declined it in the account yesterday night. Today the EDD jumped forward but to 1 month window (Apr 26 - May 24) which is worse and wider than the EDD I had before opting for tradein. I wrote an email stating this is not acceptable but not expecting any favorable answer.

Lesson learnt: Do not alter anything in your order before a VIN is assigned. If you do your EDD will be impacted.

I had my EDD as Mar 18 - Mar 31 and was happy it came to a 2 week window and was expecting a VIN assigned anytime. Then Tesla texted me if I want to tradein a car. I opted for it and provided all the details of my current car. I really wanted to see how much Tesla can offer against a carvana offer I already have. I waited for a week for Tesla to get back with tradein offer and it did not happen. On 3/2 EDD changed to generic September 2022. I went to Devon PA SC yesterday and enquired about the EDD jumps. I learnt that just because I opted for tradein my profile became "Not complete" and I went to back of the line. I debated with the SA how that can be fair. Moreover the tradein offer is delayed from Tesla. SA was apologetic but immediately wrote a note to backend team to expedite the tradein offer. Within 30 minutes I received the tradein offer which was much less than the carvana offer so I declined it in the account yesterday night. Today the EDD jumped forward but to 1 month window (Apr 26 - May 24) which is worse and wider than the EDD I had before opting for tradein. I wrote an email stating this is not acceptable but not expecting any favorable answer.
After I posted this, I got an email from Tesla stating there was an error and a note of apology. They also confirmed they have a vehicle ready right now and can schedule the delivery for Monday or Tuesday. Account was also updated with VIN. Seriously? How can I wait till Monday? That is too long. so emailed Tesla back that I would like to take delivery today or tomorrow and got it scheduled for tomorrow 11am.

1646421420775.png