Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After I posted this, I got an email from Tesla stating there was an error and a note of apology. They also confirmed they have a vehicle ready right now and can schedule the delivery for Monday or Tuesday. Account was also updated with VIN. Seriously? How can I wait till Monday? That is too long. so emailed Tesla back that I would like to take delivery today or tomorrow and got it scheduled for tomorrow 11am.

View attachment 776750
Congrats - be sure to post pictures.

Reactions: rajan.gt and MOM4
After I posted this, I got an email from Tesla stating there was an error and a note of apology. They also confirmed they have a vehicle ready right now and can schedule the delivery for Monday or Tuesday. Account was also updated with VIN. Seriously? How can I wait till Monday? That is too long. so emailed Tesla back that I would like to take delivery today or tomorrow and got it scheduled for tomorrow 11am.

View attachment 776750

So does this mean that the SC and or associate actually does the assignment of cars and VIN numbers? I always thought this came from Tesla HQ
That seems unlikely. VINs and shipping all come from the factory, with delivery times, transportation availability, and end of quarter considerations as major parameters, but with Tesla who the hell knows? But it seems unlikely based on everything we've heard about SAs.

My dates changed to 3/22-3/31, 10 day window, from 3/17-3/31.

This is my first 10 day window and I ordered on 10/2. Should I be getting excited or is there still a chance I can get my heart broken?

I'm also curious how hard to push my electrician to come out and instill my new outlet in the garage. I'm saving money him doing it as a side job but its also his lowest priority right now.

Thanks

Had an EDD of March 14-21 (OD 10/23) until today when it changed to July. So much for that "if you get two weeks you're close" theory.

Also, we ordered several options because the guidance was that would speed up delivery...doesn't seem to be the case either...

We have a lease return next month and not sure what to do about a car after that if we don't get delivery...

Had an EDD of March 14-21 (OD 10/23) until today when it changed to July. So much for that "if you get two weeks you're close" theory.

Also, we ordered several options because the guidance was that would speed up delivery...doesn't seem to be the case either...

We have a lease return next month and not sure what to do about a car after that if we don't get delivery...
Ah yes, another Austin buyer! My OD was Oct. 17. My current EDD is April 19 - May 17 with my previous the same as your previous. I am hoping I don't get pushed to July now! When did it change?

Ah yes, another Austin buyer! My OD was Oct. 17. My current EDD is April 19 - May 17 with my previous the same as your previous. I am hoping I don't get pushed to July now! When did it change?
Wonder if Tesla is playing the same game with you guys, where the closer you are to the manufacturing plant, the closer your delivery will be to the end of the quarter... Granted, Giga Texas is not even online yet, but I have a feeling this will be their mode of operation just like what they're doing with Fremont builds.

Reactions: ChrisUli
My dates changed to 3/22-3/31, 10 day window, from 3/17-3/31.

This is my first 10 day window and I ordered on 10/2. Should I be getting excited or is there still a chance I can get my heart broken?

I'm also curious how hard to push my electrician to come out and instill my new outlet in the garage. I'm saving money him doing it as a side job but its also his lowest priority right now.

Thanks
I ordered on 10/1 and received my VIN on Sunday so yes if I were you I would get excited. Probably time to call the electrician.

Reactions: Kubelfan

If you look at your OD and the dates of those who are just now taking delivery with similar builds, you probably have another couple of weeks before you see a VIN. The change to July is just a place holder and based on what I've seen previously should change in a week or so. With the end of the quarter push, you might get it before March is out.

Reactions: ChrisUli