Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah yes, another Austin buyer! My OD was Oct. 17. My current EDD is April 19 - May 17 with my previous the same as your previous. I am hoping I don't get pushed to July now! When did it change?
I ordered Oct 28th and today the EDD bumped up to June 10 - July 12 from May - June. I live in Florida btw. I am happy it moved a month, now I have more time to sell my current car to a private seller instead of selling to carvana.

Reactions: ChrisUli
Ah yes, another Austin buyer! My OD was Oct. 17. My current EDD is April 19 - May 17 with my previous the same as your previous. I am hoping I don't get pushed to July now! When did it change?
It changed yesterday. Yeah I'm hoping it's just a placeholder as BLKTLA suggests. Don't really want to apply for financing a third time and would rather sell our Infiniti back to the dealer for a profit than have to buy out the lease for 3 months. If we do that we'll have to pay the tax on it. Infiniti says they'll buy it back and eat the tax.

Reactions: ChrisUli and Lukeg5
It changed yesterday. Yeah I'm hoping it's just a placeholder as BLKTLA suggests. Don't really want to apply for financing a third time and would rather sell our Infiniti back to the dealer for a profit than have to buy out the lease for 3 months. If we do that we'll have to pay the tax on it. Infiniti says they'll buy it back and eat the tax.
I gave up on the financing application and set it to cash. Will update once I get a VIN.

Reactions: BGOwner
I was going to do the same until reading about people who get a vin and then aren't given enough time to get financing together. I figured since we had a 7 day window it was safe to do it but I guess not.

I was going to do the same until reading about people who get a vin and then aren't given enough time to get financing together. I figured since we had a 7 day window it was safe to do it but I guess not.
In all honesty, it’s people that seem to cry wolf. They say they get a vin and they don’t have time. But all seem to actually get it completed in time. People have said, they have gone through DCF or other credit unions, or even Bank of America and it gets complicated fast and get a check sent overnight.

Number of people that can’t get everything completed for financing seems really small. At least what I have read in these forums.

Reactions: pepperoni
I would never do a trade in. We sold our BMW X5 on Facebook Market. I actually had a dealer offer me more than anyone else. I'd say I made an additional 5k selling rather than trading.

In all honesty, it’s people that seem to cry wolf. They say they get a vin and they don’t have time. But all seem to actually get it completed in time. People have said, they have gone through DCF or other credit unions, or even Bank of America and it gets complicated fast and get a check sent overnight.

Number of people that can’t get everything completed for financing seems really small. At least what I have read in these forums.
I agree with this. In the past when I’ve financed new car purchases, it has been completed within the hour with a call to my credit union, and approval literally takes under a minute. Granted I’ve never purchased through Tesla before, so not sure if there are differences. I’m a bit surprised people need to have a check overnighted to pay the balance. Doesn’t Tesla accept wire transfers?

Reactions: BGOwner
Longtime lurker, first time poster.
MY LR7 Blue/Black 20” No FSD, No tow
OD: 10/5
EDD: too many to list, but a couple weeks ago went from May-June to March 10-31 and held there until this morning when I woke up and it was back to May 21-June 30. Then 2 hours later my SA texted and said “you’ve got a VIN, the car will be at the DC tomorrow, your delivery is set for Tuesday”

Honestly went from hopeful for a couple of weeks to annoyed when I saw the new dates this morning to shock when I got the text. Now I’m scrambling to get my financing in order! Can’t wait to pick up on Tuesday!