Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Longtime lurker, first time poster.
MY LR7 Blue/Black 20” No FSD, No tow
OD: 10/5
EDD: too many to list, but a couple weeks ago went from May-June to March 10-31 and held there until this morning when I woke up and it was back to May 21-June 30. Then 2 hours later my SA texted and said “you’ve got a VIN, the car will be at the DC tomorrow, your delivery is set for Tuesday”

Honestly went from hopeful for a couple of weeks to annoyed when I saw the new dates this morning to shock when I got the text. Now I’m scrambling to get my financing in order! Can’t wait to pick up on Tuesday!
This is exactly why I am going to pay over $800 for the “Carrier Direct” Delivery option. I could save that amount, and get reimbursed up to $150 for my travel to Mt. Kisco. However, I’d have to: get off work (with no notice); take delivery within only three days (so I don’t lose the vehicle to another buyer); travel over 350 miles from Buffalo (6 hour drive one way); and worry about another delivery delay after making all the arrangements.
Although my EDD has been stuck at TBD for months, simply having it dropped off in my driveway makes it worthwhile.
Thank you all for sharing your EDD changes with me, it enables me to have that “full Tesla experience” I’ve heard about;-}

Longtime lurker, first time poster.
MY LR7 Blue/Black 20” No FSD, No tow
OD: 10/5
EDD: too many to list, but a couple weeks ago went from May-June to March 10-31 and held there until this morning when I woke up and it was back to May 21-June 30. Then 2 hours later my SA texted and said “you’ve got a VIN, the car will be at the DC tomorrow, your delivery is set for Tuesday”

Honestly went from hopeful for a couple of weeks to annoyed when I saw the new dates this morning to shock when I got the text. Now I’m scrambling to get my financing in order! Can’t wait to pick up on Tuesday!
Forgot to mention, VIN is NF394xxx, confirmed with SA Ryzen chipset and Li-ion

Reactions: BGOwner
This is exactly why I am going to pay over $800 for the “Carrier Direct” Delivery option. I could save that amount, and get reimbursed up to $150 for my travel to Mt. Kisco. However, I’d have to: get off work (with no notice); take delivery within only three days (so I don’t lose the vehicle to another buyer); travel over 350 miles from Buffalo (6 hour drive one way); and worry about another delivery delay after making all the arrangements.
Although my EDD has been stuck at TBD for months, simply having it dropped off in my driveway makes it worthwhile.
Thank you all for sharing your EDD changes with me, it enables me to have that “full Tesla experience” I’ve heard about;-}
We’re from Rochester with Mt Kisco as our delivery center and had Carrier Direct selected for a bit, but then decided to drop it and pick it up (if we ever get a VIN). How does the $150 reimbursement work? I hadn’t heard about that. And who is your SA there?

Reactions: cusetownusa
We’re from Rochester with Mt Kisco as our delivery center and had Carrier Direct selected for a bit, but then decided to drop it and pick it up (if we ever get a VIN). How does the $150 reimbursement work? I hadn’t heard about that. And who is your SA there?
Emanuel Batallas emailed me a couple months ago (just out of the blue), encouraging me to change my delivery and suggested I ask about the incentives to come in for pick up (at My. Kisco). I played along and specifically asked about incentives.
He said: “We currently offer a reimbursement of up to $150 in costs associated for transport to Mt. Kisco. All we would need is a receipt and we send the check in the mail within 6-8 weeks.”
He couldn’t help me other than saying, “it seems we are expecting your Tesla to arrive mid-to-late March…we are still pending a firm ETA.”
I didn’t change my delivery option, and haven’t heard from him since January🙄.
Good luck and please let me know how things go.

Emanuel Batallas emailed me a couple months ago (just out of the blue), encouraging me to change my delivery and suggested I ask about the incentives to come in for pick up (at My. Kisco). I played along and specifically asked about incentives.
He said: “We currently offer a reimbursement of up to $150 in costs associated for transport to Mt. Kisco. All we would need is a receipt and we send the check in the mail within 6-8 weeks.”
He couldn’t help me other than saying, “it seems we are expecting your Tesla to arrive mid-to-late March…we are still pending a firm ETA.”
I didn’t change my delivery option, and haven’t heard from him since January🙄.
Good luck and please let me know how things go.
Thanks! Yes he was who emailed me to initially set up Carrier Direct. I’ll email him back and see what he says. I wish NYS allowed more Tesla sales centers… I have a service center a couple miles from my work, but of course I can’t pick up my car there…

Reactions: cusetownusa
EDD changed again today March 17- March 31. This is nuts.
Yeah.... I know the backlog has soared because of the rising demand for the cars, the chip shortage etc... but I wonder if it was this nutty tho on a smaller scale, a year ago?
I bought my last one (m3 stealth] in late 2019 and between the time and the model, the situation obviously was different. But I wonder if anyone who went through orders in early 2021 has insight?
driving me nuts. If I had known back I October I would have to wait till summer I’d have bought an entirely different interim car to get me through. But here we are.

Yeah.... I know the backlog has soared because of the rising demand for the cars, the chip shortage etc... but I wonder if it was this nutty tho on a smaller scale, a year ago?
I bought my last one (m3 stealth] in late 2019 and between the time and the model, the situation obviously was different. But I wonder if anyone who went through orders in early 2021 has insight?
driving me nuts. If I had known back I October I would have to wait till summer I’d have bought an entirely different interim car to get me through. But here we are.
Yeah, the backlog is crazy. I ordered in 10/15 and it would have been nice to have my expectations set to when it would arrive from the beginning - initially it was Feb, now I'm April - May, and I'm sure that will change again...

Reactions: PeteOC and Lucas007