Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time posting here. Pretty disappointed with the experience, here's my story so far, sorry if it comes of as a rant.

Order date: 10/24/21
Initial ED: May 2022
Earlier this year: June 2022

Here's the story, when I initially ordered, I was told by Tesla employees to hold the financing option for now until closer delivery date as financing expires 30-60 days and will have to rereun my credit which hurts my credit score. Obviously I waited and have emailed my advisor along the way to seek more info about the financing info, but NEVER GOTTEN BACK TO ME. As we inch closer to June, I'm getting excited for my vehicle so I'm starting to look at the forums (here) to see what others who order around the same time range, what their ED is, how are they prepping for delivery & what to do on delivery from experienced owner only to then find out I have select the cash option instead of leaving the financing option waiting. I have selected the cash option earlier this week and guess what I woke up to this morning? ED August 15th - September 12th. I have heard of Tesla's lack of communication issue, but way worse than I thought. It almost felt like I got cheated on, where I waited five months for nothing. If I ordered the same configuration today, the estimated delivery is still "September 2022" based on the configurator, almost felt like I ordered today, pretty upset tbh. Felt like again, I've waited five months for nothing and I've lost an entire summer / season with plans on the vehicle.

Build: LR
Exterior: Midnight Silver
Wheels: 19 inch
Interior: White
Ahh. I’m with you. A lot of people are frustrated still, waiting a few months and I’m on the endless Black Mirror episode of Tesla EDDs:

I ordered MYLR October 5 and I’ve had 12 EDD changes so far. This morning, moved back again to end of August. That’s 11 months and counting…

I don’t believe anything Tesla says anymore.

Ahh. I’m with you. A lot of people are frustrated still, waiting a few months and I’m on the endless Black Mirror episode of Tesla EDDs:

I ordered MYLR October 5 and I’ve had 12 EDD changes so far. This morning, moved back again to end of August. That’s 11 months and counting…

I don’t believe anything Tesla says anymore.
Sorry... I'm so fed up with the waiting game. I entered delivery window four times and I still don't have a VIN. My EDD is changing every 3-5 days. Sometimes it gets shorter, sometimes is pushed back ... I get that there's high demand but the car is not cheap and customers deserve more consistent and accurate delivery dates. If it's 10 months out, that's fine but stick with it. I called tesla last week ( we had vacation planned during delivery window) and asked them what to do if the VIN comes while on vacation. He pretty much said you have three days to get the car, otherwise we'll give it to someone else. That's not right, sorry... can't put everything on hold until tesla decides when they give the car. Anyhow.... I'm pretty annoyed with them about that.

Sorry... I'm so fed up with the waiting game. I entered delivery window four times and I still don't have a VIN. My EDD is changing every 3-5 days. Sometimes it gets shorter, sometimes is pushed back ... I get that there's high demand but the car is not cheap and customers deserve more consistent and accurate delivery dates. If it's 10 months out, that's fine but stick with it. I called tesla last week ( we had vacation planned during delivery window) and asked them what to do if the VIN comes while on vacation. He pretty much said you have three days to get the car, otherwise we'll give it to someone else. That's not right, sorry... can't put everything on hold until tesla decides when they give the car. Anyhow.... I'm pretty annoyed with them about that.
I agree with you completely. I also worried about being away when the car arrived and missing my delivery window. But of course that EDD was bogus anyway. No way to remotely plan for a delivery window, not to mention ebbing trade-in value etc. I feel stuck and I do want the car but my experience is already quite compromised…

First time posting here. Pretty disappointed with the experience, here's my story so far, sorry if it comes of as a rant.

Order date: 10/24/21
Initial ED: May 2022
Earlier this year: June 2022

Here's the story, when I initially ordered, I was told by Tesla employees to hold the financing option for now until closer delivery date as financing expires 30-60 days and will have to rereun my credit which hurts my credit score. Obviously I waited and have emailed my advisor along the way to seek more info about the financing info, but NEVER GOTTEN BACK TO ME. As we inch closer to June, I'm getting excited for my vehicle so I'm starting to look at the forums (here) to see what others who order around the same time range, what their ED is, how are they prepping for delivery & what to do on delivery from experienced owner only to then find out I have select the cash option instead of leaving the financing option waiting. I have selected the cash option earlier this week and guess what I woke up to this morning? ED August 15th - September 12th. I have heard of Tesla's lack of communication issue, but way worse than I thought. It almost felt like I got cheated on, where I waited five months for nothing. If I ordered the same configuration today, the estimated delivery is still "September 2022" based on the configurator, almost felt like I ordered today, pretty upset tbh. Felt like again, I've waited five months for nothing and I've lost an entire summer / season with plans on the vehicle.

Exterior: Midnight Silver
I was also told that I could leave the finance option open and not impact my delivery... My EDD just got moved back to Sept 5 - Oct 3. Sharing the same disappointment as I was looking forward to summer plans with the MY. Spoke to Tesla employee this morning, and they said that the push back was not due to the financing, but now I am questioning if that is true. I am now going to just switch to cash to be safe. Makes it even worse is that transmission went out on my car in December, so the wife and I have to share one vehicle until delivery.

Order date: 10/15/21
Initial ED: April 2022
ED changed to June 2022 around Dec/Nov timeframe and has been there until this morning

Exterior: Black

I was also told that I could leave the finance option open and not impact my delivery... My EDD just got moved back to Sept 5 - Oct 3. Sharing the same disappointment as I was looking forward to summer plans with the MY. Spoke to Tesla employee this morning, and they said that the push back was not due to the financing, but now I am questioning if that is true. I am now going to just switch to cash to be safe. Makes it even worse is that transmission went out on my car in December, so the wife and I have to share one vehicle until delivery.

ED changed to June 2022 around Dec/Nov timeframe and has been there until this morning

I’ve been cash all along. I don’t think that has anything to do with it but could be wrong.

Just got my car today in Tesla Toronto. I ordered MYLR October 5th. After a good check on delivery - I gave them my list and they fix it immediatly - I really had small issues and very small gaps on rear area (both doors).
I got the AMD but no dual rear windows - Car is amazing and I am really enjoying it.
Congrats. I ordered on the same day so unsure how you received yours 6 months earlier than I will…

Reactions: Kubelfan

My situation is nearly identical. Ordered in October, EDD: April, then June, then this morning changed to August. LR, black, white interior, tow. Maybe they just got approval for giga Austin so can schedule the retooling of Fremont to coincide, and hence have better handle on EDDs?

Hi Friends,

I have been following this thread for ~2 months but this is my first post to share my experience so it is helpful to someone.

Order Date: 10/06 – New to Tesla ordering, went all in and added most of the options – MYLR5, MSM, Black interior, Induction wheels, Tow, FSD. Added Trade-in. EDD April 2022. Received trade-in offer next day, did not accept and left it open.

10/16 – Took a test drive at Springfiled, NJ location, the associate told me I don’t have to provide title unless it is close to delivery, left it alone. Made design changes to MYLR5, Black, Black Interior, 19’’ wheels, and Tow.

I had multiple EDD changes ranging from mid Feb 2022 to late Apr 2022 during October 2021 to December 2021 and then it went to generic ‘June’.

01/06/22 – Received a text message from SA asking me to complete the profile including trade-in, payment etc. The message also stated that customers with completed profile are prioritized for delivery. I ignored it thinking I had already put in my registration information and that trade-in and payment are not needed until close to delivery.

01/11/22 – Received the same text message from Tesla. This time I took it serious and started following TMC posts and learned the importance of profile completion (Thanks to TMC contributors). Though Tesla provided me a new trade-in offer based on updated odometer reading, I set the profile to ‘no trade-in’, and ‘cash’ for payment option.

01/12/22 – EDD changed to ‘June 2022’

01/13/22 – Clicked the ‘add FSD package’ button in my account.

01/18/22 – Asked SA via text why it is ‘June 2022’ without a range. He/She told there is nothing wrong in my profile, and EDDs should update in coming weeks.

Late Jan – Sure enough the EDD updated to May 24 – June 21 and it stayed there steady all the time.

02/25/22 – Received a surprise text message stating my VIN is assigned. It is NF383xxx. I asked the SA to set my account to be able to add trade-in and financing options. The SA unlocked my account for these options immediately. I put in the trade-in information.

02/26/22 – Didn’t get trade-in estimate, asked SA if I can put in financing application while waiting for trade-in estimate. The answer was yes, I applied for the full amount of the vehicle not knowing if I will accept the trade-in offer or not.

In the meantime I wanted to also give it a shot with DCU (Thanks to TMC members). I donated $10 to one of the charities listed by them and created a savings account to become a member. Then I could apply for financing with DCU. They offered me a finance rate 0.75% less than Tesla’s offer through Wells Fargo.

I asked SA to confirm if any other better financing rates are available, he/she said Wells Fargo’s offer is the lowest.

I also shopped around for trade-in online (Carmax, Carvana, Webuyanycar) and two local dealers. These offers were better than Tesla’s trade-in offer.

02/27 I declined Tesla’s offer for trade-in and asked the SA to set the account for 3rd party financing to DCU, he/she asked for the amount financed, and confirmed MVPA will be available soon. Within few minutes I got the MVPA and submitted it to DCU.

I also got a text message from Tesla asking me to schedule for Delivery. Of the delivery date range of 03/07-03/09 provided to me, I scheduled for 03/07.

03/01: Since I did not hear anything from DCU, I decided to call them during office hours, they were kind enough offer additional 0.5% discount on the rate for plus member based on the promise of establishing direct deposit, and an additional 0.25% discount on the rate for energy efficient vehicle. I was told that these discounts will drop off if I don’t establish direct deposit within 90 days. They also opened a checking account for me which is required to get these additional discounts. I think this is the best interest rate I feel anyone can get. I got the documents via Docusign to sign. Within minutes of signing, they provided me confirmation that they sent the check by Fedex overnight, and provided tracking information and a scanned copy of the check.

03/04: Checked Trade-in with Driveway (Thanks again to TMC) which offered ~3k more than Tesla for my 2016 Honda Accord. I scheduled an appointment with them for inspection at local dealership for 03/12.

03/07: Delivery process was simple and easy, they unlocked the car remotely, the car looked absolutely beautiful (see attached picture). The paperwork was on the dash in a FedEx envelope. I took the checklist from Youtuber Mike Suess and took ~90 minutes to go over everything. I noticed one minor cosmetic issue in the upholstery above the rear passenger seat and also felt the air conditioner makes a humming noise. Signed the paperwork and took to the front desk with DCU check, pointed the issues. I was told to start a service request in the Tesla app prior to driving 100 miles. I then drove off. I scheduled service as soon as I reached home.

03/08: I submitted copy of documents to Driveway they requested for selling my 2016 Honda Accord

03/12: I got a call from Driveway 1 hour prior to my appointment, the agent walked me through the process on phone and provided me his phone number. When I arrived at the dealership, I called him, he walked around the car and agreed with the condition I specified during the initial estimate process, and he took a test drive. We then sat in the dealership to sign the paperwork. Once the paperwork is completed, he handed me a certified check and removed the license plates for me. I walked away in 30 minutes. The process was simple and easy.

I know this is a long post but this is my way of appreciating those at TMC who helped me with useful information when I needed them. If my post is useful to even one member here, my purpose is served.

Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• IMG_3936.jpg
    IMG_3936.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 111
Yeah, I agree, not right / good customer service. Basically jailing you for an entire summer, the constant fear / worry of not getting your car. I like Tesla, products, etc., but I do get those anti-Tesla folks a bit, paying that much, prob the third largest expense if you put in kids & housing, yet you should expect better service, but then again don't have to deal with dealers, that's a trade off.

Another thing not right, bias because this sits with me, delivery should be based on ordered date, not task completion date.

Reactions: Blueswoosh248