Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep preparing myself for a June EDD like everyone else here. I’m really hoping after April 7th we will start seeing more deliveries for the October orders. I keep seeing more MY pop up in my area so that is exciting at least.
Yeah, I'm so jealous. Only thing I hope is rear dual pane windows, hopefully ventilated seats, but that's speculation. Air suspicion, but that's way too wishful thinking, hopefully they will upgrade the suspension though, have heard Tesla ride is harsher compared to other in similar class.

Also, does anyone know if current Model Y are lithium batteries or still lead acid? If lead acid, that's another improvement I hope Texas build transition to, lithium ion batteries.

Yeah, I'm so jealous. Only thing I hope is rear dual pane windows, hopefully ventilated seats, but that's speculation. Air suspicion, but that's way too wishful thinking, hopefully they will upgrade the suspension though, have heard Tesla ride is harsher compared to other in similar class.

Also, does anyone know if current Model Y are lithium batteries or still lead acid? If lead acid, that's another improvement I hope Texas build transition to, lithium ion batteries.
It looks like any MYs with the Ryzen processor are also getting the new lithium batteries.

I now use this thread as more of a support group than an update group. Glad to know I am not the only person scratching their head on all these EDD changes and getting frustrated because there are no straight answers as to what is going on.
Lol, I'm in pain. Worse case scenario, EDD is accurate, I lost my summer, how do I cope? As mentioned, seeing more and more MY pop up, except mines, where is mines? Ordered date / excitement seems like a distant memory now. First world problems, I know.

Reactions: ChrisUli
My EDD was sitting at FeB/March until I got to one day away from the dates window. It moved to Apr-May dates and sitting there firmly for now. October 9th OD 7 seater white interior, no tow no FSD. Hope I get it at the end of May but who knows. Saving money for now.

So I got a Two Day window today at 9am EST. March 29 - 31. No VIN though. Not sure what to make of it. I'm trying to hold back my excitement, odds are obviously good that this won't last. I've been honestly hoping for an Austin build, even if it meant waiting. But i'll take what I get for sure.

Have you looked in the source code for a VIN?

That EDD is typically post-VIN assignment.

I checked, yeah...nothing there yet. Checked for 5ya and 7sa - any others i don't know about?

Yeah that is weird. Try searching for "VIN" ( with the quotation marks). I obviously have null since my moms Y doesn't have a VIN assigned yet, but a VIN would show instead of null if one was assigned. But an 3 day EDD without VIN is definitely an outlier.

Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 10.04.42 AM.png

Hi All, I've joined this group recently and i'm very happy to join it. didn't know this group existed and completed my profile after joining :)
What's the difference between Austin Build vs Freemont Build. do we need be concerned with any. Also any advantages on this.
Also I'm planning on getting Chargepoint instead of going with the Tesla wall charger. can we go with Chargepoint or we need to stick with the Tesla one?
Can someone please shed some light on my queries

MYLR - No FSD - No Tow - Red- 5 Seat /White Interior - Gemini Wheels
OD 10/8/21 -EDD May9-June6

Hi All, I've joined this group recently and i'm very happy to join it. didn't know this group existed and completed my profile after joining :)
What's the difference between Austin Build vs Freemont Build. do we need be concerned with any. Also any advantages on this.
Also I'm planning on getting Chargepoint instead of going with the Tesla wall charger. can we go with Chargepoint or we need to stick with the Tesla one?
Can someone please shed some light on my queries

MYLR - No FSD - No Tow - Red- 5 Seat /White Interior - Gemini Wheels
OD 10/8/21 -EDD May9-June6
We have a ChargePoint. If I recall correctly, the Tesla should come with an adapter so that you can plug it in. If not, you can buy one for about $60-80.

Not sure why I bother checking my app anymore. I guess I like getting more frustrated. Just got my EDD updated to a smooth July 17 to Sept 20th. Nothing says joy like potentially getting a car 11 months after you order it, when your original EDD was Feb March. I live in the Philly Market so it's not like I am way off my mark. Oct 5th OD/Profile MS LR, 20" Tow, 5 seat, No FSD. I am not playing the FSD game cause with my luck I will be stuck with it and someone will hit me and total my car pulling out of the Tesla parking lot. I plan to subscribe monthly as needed. The only positive is the price I am locked in at.

Reactions: MOM4 and BGOwner