Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven’t seen it change more than once a day. Wish it would especially now because this is what just happened to me:

Ordered 10/28 and completed profile same day. Was going to finance through Tesla. EDD May-June. The next day EDD changed to Feb-Mar. Then in Jan EDD changed to TBD, because financing expired. Wondered if I should renew financing since the expiration would be around the EDD. Decided to renew financing and EDD held steady until Feb when it got pushed to Mar-Apr. then got pushed again to Apr 28-May 28. Financing expired again. Instead of renewing and taking another hit to my credit, I selected cash. Now my EDD is September.

I’m hoping it’s just an issue of the original financing expiring and now that it says cash it’ll go back to Apr-May.
Same, except I was told by a Tesla employee to not fill out the financing info until VIN arrives to avoid reruns on my credit, damaging my score and avoid wasting time to refill the application again only to find out payment was needed to proceed in the queue last week. Now I have a September EDD, I'm really upset a summer wasted and I do not want to literally wait a year for the car.

Reactions: Otter2007
Correct. This is the adaptor

And here are the requirements Gen 2 NEMA Adapters
Thank you again

Hello everyone, I am posting first time to this group. I placed my order October 2021 and initially delivery was schedule for March then again changed to June. And since yesterday it’s bumped to September , so is there any legal ways we can contact Tesla about why so many changes or they just giving priorities for delivery for more expensive cars delivery.

• Disagree
Reactions: FJ60LC
Pretty much come to terms that it might take a year to get the vehicle. Although every other comparable EV I inquired about, could not give me dates and put it around the 2+ year mark to get. It really sucks, but it is reassuring knowing that Tesla is making them, they are being delivered, which is more than any other manufacture can say right now.
On the contrary, the local VW, Ford, Hyundai, and Kia dealerships near me are rolling more EVs in with every Tesla EDD delay. It is very tempting for me to spend less (cheaper MSRP and EV credit) and get a different EV now... The "pros" with Tesla are slowly diminishing.

I’ve been following this page for awhile now. OD 10/18 MYLR white with induction wheels no FSD.

I feel like nobody in october has received their car yet? I’m in DC and had an initial EDD of February. Changed the financing from cash to loan a few times and got bounced back. Currently at may 3-31. I’m just trying to get a gauge for if that’s legit or if some people are indeed getting them earlier.

Side note, my SA believes I will get it sooner and told me not to switch to Performance as I would probably get it sooner than the 1.5 month estimate on the website.

Any thoughts?

I’ve been following this page for awhile now. OD 10/18 MYLR white with induction wheels no FSD.

I feel like nobody in october has received their car yet? I’m in DC and had an initial EDD of February. Changed the financing from cash to loan a few times and got bounced back. Currently at may 3-31. I’m just trying to get a gauge for if that’s legit or if some people are indeed getting them earlier.

Side note, my SA believes I will get it sooner and told me not to switch to Performance as I would probably get it sooner than the 1.5 month estimate on the website.

Any thoughts?
Not sure about getting it sooner, but will say right now, is a handful of August orders and a bunch of September orders still outstanding. I think even a July or 2. But, it will be worth it once it’s finally delivered

On the contrary, the local VW, Ford, Hyundai, and Kia dealerships near me are rolling more EVs in with every Tesla EDD delay. It is very tempting for me to spend less (cheaper MSRP and EV credit) and get a different EV now... The "pros" with Tesla are slowly diminishing.
I guess it depends on location. In alberta Canada, at least in my experience, I’ve been told 2 years for vehicles like an ioniq 5, the id4, etc. also with the charging infrastructure up here, you can’t reasonably road trip any other ev so it makes it even harder. I have my model 3 right now, just waiting on the model y!

I guess it depends on location. In alberta Canada, at least in my experience, I’ve been told 2 years for vehicles like an ioniq 5, the id4, etc. also with the charging infrastructure up here, you can’t reasonably road trip any other ev so it makes it even harder. I have my model 3 right now, just waiting on the model y!
Around here, I’m actually being told certain ICE cars have delivery dates six months to a year out, which is simply crazy. I’m trading in one vehicle for my incoming Y, and was trying to drive it less to maintain trade-in value, but then my other car’s catalytic converter decided to take a dump, so I’m forced to drive the trade-in car again. When it rains, it pours as they say. Good times. Trade-in offer from Tesla is due to expire in a week (when my original EDD was supposed to be), so I’ll have to get another offer again and hope it doesn’t move my EDD back.

On Saturday, I stopped by Tesla since I was in the area. I spoke to an SA and told them I am scheduled to pick up my car on Friday, but I would like to pick it up sooner if it is available. (Friday was the earliest date available when I scheduled delivery.) She looked it up and told me the vehicle would probably be late and she was doubtful it would be there by Friday. Sure enough on Monday I received a call about the vehicle being delayed. Now my delivery date is 3/22. Just know that once you get a delivery date, things can still change.

Open this 10/2021 order date thread. I ordered mine MYLR white exterior with tow on 10/5. Yes, I was only few hours earlier than the new Tesla price. I guess I saved $1000 for my MYLR by luck.

OD: 10/5
First EDD: March 18, 2022 – April 15, 2022 on 10/8
Second EDD: March 07 - April 04 on 10/15

Do they update EDD every 7 days?
Anyway, still long way to go.
Any update on your EDD? I ordered, 1 week after you, an identical car and they are estimating delivery May 29 to June 26!