Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are all making me think that my current EDD (see signature) will be pushed back a month or two very soon. I ordered at the very end of October and some of you have early October orders with EDDs into June/July so I can't imagine mine would be delivered earlier than those, especially given my configuration being the cheapest. FWIW, an SA at the Madison service center told me it would be mid-summer for my delivery back in November. My assigned SA told me May via text right after I put in my order, so who knows?

Reactions: Otter2007
I had jumpy EDDs as well, all through from when I ordered in October until February, when I worked with my SA here locally and had her put things to cash & no trade-in - will be switching things back once I have a VIN.

Since then (Feb 14th), my EDD range has stayed steady (28 April to 26 May). I'm still checking it daily, but I think I'm in a good place right now. Here's hoping.....

Reactions: Otter2007
On the contrary, the local VW, Ford, Hyundai, and Kia dealerships near me are rolling more EVs in with every Tesla EDD delay. It is very tempting for me to spend less (cheaper MSRP and EV credit) and get a different EV now... The "pros" with Tesla are slowly diminishing.
That Hyundai is looking so good right now......I bet their customer service doesn't stink this bad.

You know what would be awesome? How about an email or text every once in a while. Even if it's from robots, acknowledging you're already signed up customers would be nice! Suggestion:

Hello Future Tesla Owner,

[fill in name here], we know you are excited about getting your dream car, we are excited with you! Just like you, there are thousands of eager future owners, but we just wanted you to know we have not forgotten about you. We do our best to give you the most up to date estimated delivery date and we know it can be frustrating to see it jump from time to time, but we want to assure you that this is normal as our manufacturing times and dedication to perfection can make these dates fluctuate. We appreciate your patience and dedication to our innovative vehicles and look forward to handing you the key card. We will be in contact when your delivery date is solidified, but in the meantime, please check out our latest updates your vehicle is sure to come with:

[fill in urls here]

[smiley face emoji]

Sincerely,

Your friends at Tesla

model y.png

(Your future Model Y)

We decided to remove the FSD from our black MYLR7 and just let what happens happen. Didn’t affect the price at all; it’s still what it was when we ordered. Don’t know if that’s the case once you get a VIN, but figured I’d share.

We decided to remove the FSD from our black MYLR7 and just let what happens happen. Didn’t affect the price at all; it’s still what it was when we ordered. Don’t know if that’s the case once you get a VIN, but figured I’d share.
I did the same thing. I added FSD over the weekend to see if my EDD would move up but I can’t justify that price for something that isn’t fully operational yet so removed it this week and my October pricing wasn’t affected by it.

Reactions: RocY
That Hyundai is looking so good right now......I bet their customer service doesn't stink this bad.
Well, there have been verified accounts (at least around here), that these dealers (Ford, Hyundai, and Kia, not sure about VW) are advertising MSRP on inventory, but when people inquire about the car, they tag $10K on it and tell customers to take it or leave it. Hyundai/Kia has publicly admonished the dealers on this behavior, but not sure if that has changed anything. Regardless. I agree that some of the tech on the Hyundai/Kia offerings are looking mighty good right now... However, the wife is dead set on Tesla Y so gotta keep wife happy. :)

Last edited:
Hope it works out for you. Personally, FSD not worth the 10k. Not even for a couple of month bump in EDD. This is just an Elon gimmick to get $$ and make FSD look better than it is.

For me, I’m a get it if I go on a road trip monthly subscription but that is it
Maybe true, I’ve gone back and forth and since it’s only going up, maybe it will be worth it, maybe it will help resell, I don’t know. I’m gonna justify it

hey guys first time posting here

OD 10-7-21/New York,NY - - MYLR - White/Black Interior, 19" wheels, 5 seats, No tow, No FSD

Had my EDD change about 6 times but most recently it updated to March 29-31.

Keeping my fingers crossed as I see some others posting here with the same EDD on the East Coast.
I got the same EDD the other day. I'm in Connecticut, picking up in Mt. Kisco

I'm trying to keep my hopes DOWN...but it's tough...

My SA said "At this time, you are still in the queue awaiting a VIN to be applied to your account."

Sounds like a lottery pick to me. Did you get a VIN?

I got the same EDD the other day. I'm in Connecticut, picking up in Mt. Kisco

I'm trying to keep my hopes DOWN...but it's tough...

My SA said "At this time, you are still in the queue awaiting a VIN to be applied to your account."

Sounds like a lottery pick to me. Did you get a VIN?
No VIN yet. Not surprised in all honesty. I don’t have high hopes at this point that the EDD will stick either. But you never know 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well, there have been verified accounts (at least around here), that these dealers (Ford, Hyundai, and Kia, not sure about VW) are advertising MSRP on inventory, but when people inquire about the car, they tag $10K on it and tell customers to take it or leave it. Hyundai/Kia has publicly admonished the dealers on this behavior, but not sure if that has changed anything. Regardless. I agree that some of the tech on the Hyundai/Kia offerings are looking mighty good right now... However, the wife is dead set on Tesla Y so gotta keep wife happy. :)
We're in a similar boat -- Model Y was the first car we test drove, figuring it would be the least hassle in-person. And it was indeed no hassle! The salesperson told us immediately afterward about the delays and price increases (which, as many of you know, were changing rapidly at the time), and we ended up ordering online a couple days later to "lock in" our price and the estimate of "June." We figured at that time if we ended up test driving something else we liked better and could get in a reasonable amount of time, worst case we'd just lose our $250 deposit, which isn't terrible compared to the price of a new car.

Between October and today, I brought up the prospect of car shopping several times, as we've grown from 2 licensed drivers to 3 (and within the next couple weeks, all 4 of us). Each time, my wife has been reluctant to even visit a dealership because of the miserable experiences we've had with traditional dealers in the past. So... we just haven't bothered. In her defense, I think the only other new EV that would be available sooner without absurd markups is the Polestar 2, and from what I can tell, Polestar's ride height and cargo space are much more like the Model 3 than the Y.

Reactions: PeteOC and ChrisUli
So.. my EDD was 3/11-3/31 for 2 months ish. On the 12th, I got bumped to April 10-May 8. Then just a bit ago, I get this text from Tesla. I feel like I just got a delayed text that should've been sent earlier but someone clicked some wrong boxes. EDD dates have done me so dirty I don't trust this at all. View attachment 781910
Well how did you reply?

Reactions: burningember
So.. my EDD was 3/11-3/31 for 2 months ish. On the 12th, I got bumped to April 10-May 8. Then just a bit ago, I get this text from Tesla. I feel like I just got a delayed text that should've been sent earlier but someone clicked some wrong boxes. EDD dates have done me so dirty I don't trust this at all. View attachment 781910
I don't want to spoil your excitement buy I got the same message in December and still no VIN to this day.

teslas prices just went up another 3-4k overnight. model Y long range now starts at $62,99
MARCH. No way am I delaying this anymore than Tesla already has. Lol
Should have tried “FEBRUARY.” Just for giggles. Best case it would have caused the entire EDD system to self destruct.