Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to folks on the Model Y subreddit, lots of people with orders are getting the same text, so it does seem legit. However, all those owners are on the west coast and apparently, Tesla does this at the end of every quarter for people near Fremont to boost end-of-quarter sales numbers. Don't expect to get a text or delivery if you are far from Fremont until next quarter.

Reactions: advocate8
According to folks on the Model Y subreddit, lots of people with orders are getting the same text, so it does seem legit. However, all those owners are on the west coast and apparently, Tesla does this at the end of every quarter for people near Fremont to boost end-of-quarter sales numbers. Don't expect to get a text or delivery if you are far from Fremont until next quarter.
That was my theory as well. As much as I want to call Tesla to see why I’m still waiting for my car, I’m east coast so there’s really no point in calling now. I’ll wait until April.

Reactions: advocate8 and D_Wiz
I don't want to spoil your excitement buy I got the same message in December and still no VIN to this day.
That joke would surely cost you. Might not get a car until 2023.
I wish they would give me a 2023 edd! At least then it would make some sense to dump this interim ice I hate driving and get something decent.
Every time the push me out I go shopping, then say naaash it’s stupid to eat a couple grand in paperwork and taxes for just three more months… then they bump me again!
I have three different salesmen who call me every week now.

Reactions: Otter2007
mine is 10/17 - was Mar 23 -30 till I asked SA to remove the trade-in, it immediately went to Apr 28 - May 30..added FSD yesterday hoping to get the date advanced :-(
That’s so rough. I was contemplating adding FSD to try and bump mine up, but a 10k roll of the dice was too pricey for me. If it was guaranteed to bump it up, I would.

And now I’m hearing that if you add to a long standing order, you can’t remove…..has this been the case for you?

10/18 OD here.

That’s so rough. I was contemplating adding FSD to try and bump mine up, but a 10k roll of the dice was too pricey for me. If it was guaranteed to bump it up, I would.

And now I’m hearing that if you add to a long standing order, you can’t remove…..has this been the case for you?

10/18 OD here.
Yes, I found that it in the forums that It would change the base price to the current one. if removed. hence not attempting to, though I see that option enabled.

Reactions: Blueswoosh248

10/18 OD here.
8/16 OD (with a late October PC). I was able to add and remove FSD without any impact. You only get one add and remove, though.

Adding it did nothing for my EDD, but it’s possible I didn’t have it on there long enough to get an update. Just wasn’t worth the gamble, even if adding it meant the car would only be $350 more expensive than the same order placed today…

MYLR, White, White/Black interior, 20” Induction Wheels.
OD: 10/18/21

Original EDD was April, a week after i ordered, it got pushed back to June. it’s been sitting at June since then. a lot of people say their EDD changes every few days or every day. Mine has been set and stone. I live in Louisiana so i’m fairly close to Austin. If possible, can y’all let me know what y’all’s order date and current EDD is! Thanks 😁😁

Reactions: Otter2007

Original EDD was April, a week after i ordered, it got pushed back to June. it’s been sitting at June since then. a lot of people say their EDD changes every few days or every day. Mine has been set and stone. I live in Louisiana so i’m fairly close to Austin. If possible, can y’all let me know what y’all’s order date and current EDD is! Thanks 😁😁
my OD is in my signature... EDD is June. It’s not at all looking like Austin cars will be MYLR, BTW. Maybe next year? who knows. All the solid evidence points to a standard range-plus for foreseeable future.

Same configuration and exact same order date. My EDD is may 3-31. Washington DC delivery

Order date 10/6, My EDD is now April 10-May8. I am hoping it stays with this EDD. White ext, Black Int, 20", Tow.