Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just got a call that I didn’t answer and then text from Tesla asking about trade-in info. Based on other’s experience in this forum and Facebook groups, this doesn’t imply anything correct? I’m trying not to get all excited for nothing.

OD 10/6 MYLR/White/White 5 seat
3/20 Updated to 7 seater
Current EDD Apr 14-May 12
I got the text about a month ago. Currently I have same EDD as you. Alril 14 - May 12. There's no logic to how they deliver cars. We want the car more than they care to give us a car so we just need to wait without getting any real answers. Then when you get a VIN you have three days to pick up the car, so if you happen to travel for work or if you're on vacation they don't hold the car for you. Insanity!

Reactions: AbeTes and bob00
I got the text about a month ago. Currently I have same EDD as you. Alril 14 - May 12. There's no logic to how they deliver cars. We want the car more than they care to give us a car so we just need to wait without getting any real answers. Then when you get a VIN you have three days to pick up the car, so if you happen to travel for work or if you're on vacation they don't hold the car for you. Insanity!
This is what scares me...my EDD window fits perfectly with a conference that i'm attending in Vegas....ugh

Yeah, its crazy how they don't try a little harder to give their customers more insight into how the queue works for a $70K car :rolleyes:. I guess they probably don't want the process to be transparent because then want to be able to freely change the priorities (like FSD priority and EOQ priority of Bay area) whenever it fits their need.

• Disagree
Reactions: MOM4 and WhiteWi
This is what scares me...my EDD window fits perfectly with a conference that i'm attending in Vegas....ugh
I have a similar concern. My wife's EDD window has been steady for a while at 5/6-6/3, but we're about to start a road trip. Thinking we should call someone at Tesla and ask if there's any chance they'd try to schedule delivery "early" during the week we're away. (Never mind that when we ordered in October we still thought there was a good chance we'd have the car in time for our spring break trip!)

Reactions: aguzzi17
That’s great, congrats! Do you think calling the DC frequently kept you top of mind for availability? I have been curious about this process with people passing and next in line being contacted.
I emailed my SA so many times just asking stupid questions and he would always just respond with “if i get a vehicle close to your configuration, i will keep you in mind” and i honestly thought it was a prank call yesterday. 🤣

Picking up my MYLR today. still trying to switch to trade in and adjust financing but i called tesla and they opened it right back up. just trying to get approved for everything in such a short amount of time. but tesla says they work fast on those things. wasn’t prepared for that phone call so i didn’t have anything changed.

Reactions: advocate8
I emailed my SA so many times just asking stupid questions and he would always just respond with “if i get a vehicle close to your configuration, i will keep you in mind” and i honestly thought it was a prank call yesterday. 🤣
Congrats on getting your VIN, dont forget to update your Signature.

BTW, I am still refreshing every 30 seconds to see if mine has come yet. Would refreshing more help? :p