Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A data point from 2019 when Tesla was begging people to buy their cars is useless.
It just shows how bad Tesla has gotten over the years with their ability to scale up to demand. They provided great customer support and were able to deliver quickly when they were a small car company. Once the 3 and Y created demand, they have gone down the tube and lost their way. They are no better than any other scummy car dealership now. Money and profits over doing what’s right for the customer. The Q1 push has exemplified this. Prioritize those customers who are willing to pay more for FSD or a Performance model, even if people have been waiting a year or more. Even worse is giving VINs, then reassigning those cars away to people closer to Fremont to bump EOQ numbers.
It was end of 2019 and demand was pretty good back then but no supply chain problems and Tesla didn’t beg anyone. All I commented about was that between vin assignment and delivery usually there is enough time unless you are in CA and it is end of the quarter rush.

Wow that’s awesome, congrats! But I can’t believe FSD got you the same model as me potentially 6 months earlier and you ordered almost 3 weeks later! Crazy! Enjoy your Y!!! Jealous!
It didn’t. a person at the same show room had my exact config and backed out. i was just very lucky to be the first person they called!! - i actually removed the FSD before picking it up because i couldn’t get the financing approved for the extra 10k in time before pickup. so i just cancelled it to get the car faster.

It was end of 2019 and demand was pretty good back then but no supply chain problems and Tesla didn’t beg anyone. All I commented about was that between vin assignment and delivery usually there is enough time unless you are in CA and it is end of the quarter rush.
The supply chain shortages aren’t forcing Tesla to do these scummy EOQ business practices. Even the legacy dealerships, aren’t screwing over loyal customers like Tesla is.

The supply chain shortages aren’t forcing Tesla to do these scummy EOQ business practices. Even the legacy dealerships, aren’t screwing over loyal customers like Tesla is.
I don’t share your sentiment about Tesla. My EDD moved only once so far and I am positive that I will have our MY By end of May. Any business is there to make money first and everything else second. More expensive models were always prioritized and it is not new thing. At least Tesla don’t sell model Y for 95k like scammy Ford dealers trying to for Mach E GT in my area.

I don’t share your sentiment about Tesla. My EDD moved only once so far and I am positive that I will have our MY By end of May. Any business is there to make money first and everything else second. More expensive models were always prioritized and it is not new thing. At least Tesla don’t sell model Y for 95k like scammy Ford dealers trying to for Mach E GT in my area.
So you think it’s ok that Tesla gave VINs and scheduled delivery to customers and took their money. Then took the VINs away and cancelled the deliveries last minute to give them to customers closer to Fremont just to get the cars off the books by EOQ?
It’s ok to have people waiting a year for their MY, but then at EOQ say if you pay for FSD you’ll get bumped up, or if you upgrade to a Performance you’ll get it by EOQ?
The most successful businesses put customers first, that’s how they make their money. Customer retention costs less then customer acquisition.
The best example is Costco. They are probably one of the most customer friendly businesses and employee friendly too. They probably take a bath on their generous return policy, but it’s one of the perks of buying at Costco.

So you think it’s ok that Tesla gave VINs and scheduled delivery to customers and took their money. Then took the VINs away and cancelled the deliveries last minute to give them to customers closer to Fremont just to get the cars off the books by EOQ?
It’s ok to have people waiting a year for their MY, but then at EOQ say if you pay for FSD you’ll get bumped up, or if you upgrade to a Performance you’ll get it by EOQ?
The most successful businesses put customers first, that’s how they make their money. Customer retention costs less then customer acquisition.
The best example is Costco. They are probably one of the most customer friendly businesses and employee friendly too. They probably take a bath on their generous return policy, but it’s one of the perks of buying at Costco.
No one is waiting a year unless they played games with delaying orders for BBB.

Hi just wanted to update y’all. i got my MYLR today. looks great expect i have a huge panel gap. make sure you check your car thoroughly! we didn’t even do a walk through of the car when i was at the show room and noticed the panel gap when i got home.
Congrats on getting your car! Just curious, do you think the previous person assigned the VIN before you also saw a panel gap and decided not to take delivery? Given how long the wait's been for most of us, it amazes me when I here folks getting vehicles due to someone before them not taking delivery. Could be a number of reasons i guess, so just a thought. Again, congrats and i hope you can get the gap fixed in a timely manner. And thanks for the update. I'm sure a number of us will be so excited just to get the car we forget to do a detailed walk-through at the showroom.

My specs: OD 10/09; current EDD Apr22-May20
MYLR5 | BLUE | BLACK | 19" Gemini | TOW | NO FSD

Hoping April is a good month (for alot of us!)

Reactions: beemboy
There have been plenty of people who have been waiting for a year, or close to a year and did not put their orders on hold. Read through the forums and stop mentally filtering out the negative Tesla info.
I like how you ignored most of my factual post of what scummy things Tesla was doing EOQ. The fanboy is strong in you.
In this forum, I have seen 1 recent comment from a July order that has not yet taken Delivery. August list is also going down. While I am an August order, my profile complete was not until Nov and my EDD seems to be in line with that. Not sure why @WhiteWi comment makes him a fanboy.

You guys ready for this.

I had a friend create a Tesla account and reserve a MYP with all features. Why did I do this?

I had a feeling Tesla wanted to deliver first their highest costing cars to essentially make more money. I was willing to lose 250 to test my theory. I had put in my order in October of 2021 for MYLR.

Once the order was in, it said June-July.

Two hours later my buddy got a call from tesla. They said they have a car with the exact specs ready for pickup within two days. My buddy actually gave me the 250 back and went and picked up the car and he's driving it.

How do you like that.

**Side note** He also said the supercharging fees are ridiculous and he regrets it because of this.

Hi just wanted to update y’all. i got my MYLR today. looks great expect i have a huge panel gap. make sure you check your car thoroughly! we didn’t even do a walk through of the car when i was at the show room and noticed the panel gap when i got home.
Congratulations on your New Y and hope you are enjoying it. If you don't mind sharing can u share a pic of the Panel gap so that we can also watchout for.
Congratulations again

I’m happy for everyone getting their cars, but I’m so happy that the month of March is done after today because then those of us outside CA have a chance of getting our cars (hopefully within the next month or two!). It’s almost been pointless checking my app these past few weeks because it’s not like I was going to be getting a VIN.

I’m happy for everyone getting their cars, but I’m so happy that the month of March is done after today because then those of us outside CA have a chance of getting our cars (hopefully within the next month or two!). It’s almost been pointless checking my app these past few weeks because it’s not like I was going to be getting a VIN.
Let's hope we get some news after April 7....fingers and toes crossed....

Ditto!

Also, didn't we hear that Tesla is not going by the Profile completion date anymore and just using Order Date. Why then is yours and

BGOwner's not delivered yet?

Reactions: advocate8
Ditto!

Also, didn't we hear that Tesla is not going by the Profile completion date anymore and just using Order Date. Why then is yours and

BGOwner's not delivered yet?

If they made that change it may have been only for new orders placed after the change. I didn't see in positive changes in my EDD when I first started seeing that order date theory float around.

Reactions: Aviateur17