Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s is true. When we got our MYP instead of MYLR on 3/29, we were told few days after they stayed until 1AM EOQ to wrap up deliveries. They told us it was the best decision that we switched, otherwise there are no guarantees when the MYLR will come. They said the model X that were back ordered for a year is the priority. Waiting for MYLR was frustrating and we are happy with the MYP.
Maybe October for MYLR 🤷🏻‍♀️. I had 09/21/21 OD.
Our SA had MYP and trading it with X, he will get his X this week. Good luck and hoping you all get your VINS soon.
Maybe they will retool the MY line and focus on MX? And then switch back when 4680 production is adequate to produce both in Fremont and Austin...

What's your config and EDD?
MYLR MSM Black Interior Gemini Wheels No Extras
OD 10/20/21
1) March 8-April 15–Building Your Car
2) April 21-May 19–Check Back Later
3) May 19-June 23–Check Back Later

I quit checking the app because it’s stressing me out 😆
But it’s hard not to get on the app because I have a M3LR as well!

Reactions: aguzzi17
This is insane! Just pushed my delivery from May 25 - June 22 now to Aug 23 - Oct 18. WTF, Elon??! Is everyone's Model Y getting pushed out??

MYLR/White-Black/20" wheels/5 seat/No Tow/No FSD/Indiana/OD Nov '21/EDD Feb-Mar Mar 20-Apr18 Apr 20-May 18 May 25-Jun 22 Aug 23-Oct 18

• Disagree
Reactions: PeteOC
You have the same Config as me. I keep getting pushed back as well.
So... At a time when demand is outpacing supply, Tesla opens the US' largest factory by size (per Elon) but rather than building it's most popular model configuration, currently with a huge backorder list, they want to start a new one (MYSR) that no one is able to order yet?

Never mind that building affordable cars for sale goes against Tesla's pay-to-play sales model that is used to hype EOQ numbers. Given current conditions, I wouldn't be surprised if MYLR's pricing gets bumped to mid to high-$60K so the MYSR can start in the low-mid $50K to compete with the likes of Hyundai Ioniq 5, Kia EV 6, etc.

Very frustrating...
Dude, these are the ruthlessly rational people who brought you …the yoke, disabled your radar, want to sell you “FSD” for $12,000 so your car can be a robotaxi that pays for itself “next year”, and think colonizing that red pile of dust one orbit further out is the most important thing humans could do.
They could not possibly be wrong.

• Funny
Reactions: PeteOC
Dude, these are the ruthlessly rational people who brought you …the yoke, disabled your radar, want to sell you “FSD” for $12,000 so your car can be a robotaxi that pays for itself “next year”, and think colonizing that red pile of dust one orbit further out is the most important thing humans could do.
They could not possibly be wrong.
Stop, you’re starting to sound rational, lol.

My EDD keeps being pushed out; now May 6-June 3. Was April 14-May 12; previously mid Feb-early Mar

Ordered 10/4; config YLR/blue/white/ Gemini/no FSD/No hitch
Oh No, i have the same EDD and ordered Oct 6. I haven't checked for a few hours and now I'm scared to check... let's see......

Still Apr 14-May 12. Com'on Elon... stop playing and move my EDD to May already so i can stop checking... 😮‍💨😮‍💨

According to me, Tesla's EDD is mess and biggest company is not able to fix it. Its not like that they can't fix it, they just don't wont to because if they make it transparent they won't be able to deliver cars to businesses in between. They focus on B2B sale, as those customers can't wait for 1 year like us.

Almost everyone in this group placed the order before Hertz deal and yet Hertz already have tesla's in their lots. I don't remember the state and department name but read an article where police department got approval to buy tesla in Jan 2022 and they got there first car in March 2022.