Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. I still haven’t heard anything from them. Makes me worried that my EDD will get pushed back for no reason.
I bet you'll get your call...fingers crossed for you...More importantly, hoping all the Mt. Kiscoans see a VIN very soon. It's really the only thing that can come even remotely close to some sort of guarantee that our vehicles are on the way.

Reactions: cusetownusa
10 Days before the 14 day window i got the Trade in text, I am buying 2 cars, the windows are 1 day apart, got the second Trade in Text the next day.
They both came from the same SA that texted me when i first reserved the cars, so it seems to me it might ne kind of automated to go out 10 days before your window opens.

This makes sense only for Tesla. They expect people to buy the wall connector and pay an absurd amount of money to install the wiring/breaker? I was planning to use the mobile connector with a nema adapter and many people do this for charging.

Do we know if this applies to incoming orders from now on or all orders/deliveries from now on?

This makes sense only for Tesla. They expect people to buy the wall connector and pay an absurd amount of money to install the wiring/breaker? I was planning to use the mobile connector with a nema adapter and many people do this for charging.

Do we know if this applies to incoming orders from now on or all orders/deliveries from now on?
Agree, I’ve only been using my mobile connector with a Nema 14-30 adapter to charge for 3 years.
If you sell an EV, especially at the price point Tesla does, you should include a way to charge it.

Reactions: AbeTes
I understand your pain. Last week I was in the delivery window and someone from tesla called me to verify am I ready to take the delivery by the first week of April, I said YES, after a day or two the date is moved to May 2022. It is not clear how they are assigning the VIN numbers. In the same form, LodiEV Fan and I have similar specs and order dates he got his, and mine got pushed. I am happy for him, with at least one less headache. The frustrating part is there is no real person available to talk or get details. When I text the SA, the canned reply is sent to me, your EDD is xxxx, which I can see in my app. When I go to the Rocklin sales office, they are saying the same.
Hi beemboy. I really feel for you and hope your VIN and delivery happen ASAP! Probably the only reason I got mine when I did is that they didn't want me to be "stuck in Lodi again".

I just installed 220V outlet and bought nema 14-50 adapter as well. If I know this before, I would have installed wall connector. Can’t believe buying a 70K Ev car without including power cord!
Frustrating...the difference between what Apple did and what Tesla is doing is completely outrageous. For Apple, it was just popping by a dollar store to pick a $3 cable with an abundance of choices. Much easier to swallow and has some environmental merit to it. Compared to scrambling to find a sold out cable or rushing to an electrician to get the wall connector installed. Let the Hunger games begin!

I thought that too, but after adding FSD mine just got pushed back another two weeks, my financing will be expiring mid may so setting it back to cash in a couple weeks, incase something changes between now and then again.
Do not apy for another loan until you have the VIN. I did the same mistake. Once you have a VIN apply. ( Btw I never received a text with the VIN it popped up on my app and I got an email to submit payment) Once you have the VIN ( I got mine in the middle of the night, I was at work and happened to check the app) have them change it to financing. I did that on my lunch break at 4 AM . Immediately got financing option, I applied for the loan, approved on the spot, I submitted my downpayment and insurance and I was done. In 30 min everything was done. I got home slept and when I woke up I was able to schedule delivery for April 18 at 3P.M. Nothing else to do. I keep buying accessories since then. Lol Each loan application is at least 5 point hit on your credit score.

This sucks. Really hope it isn't going to effect my delivery next week. I live in an old house and can't install the big charger or any other right now because our panel is maxed out. To make it worse, the basic charger is sold out so I'd be screwed anyway lol.

Frustrating...the difference between what Apple did and what Tesla is doing is completely outrageous. For Apple, it was just popping by a dollar store to pick a $3 cable with an abundance of choices. Much easier to swallow and has some environmental merit to it. Compared to scrambling to find a sold out cable or rushing to an electrician to get the wall connector installed. Let the Hunger games begin!
Still doesn’t answer the question about existing orders.

I ordered the MY in Oct 2021.. White Pearl, 19” Gemini’s, black & white interior, LR, 5 seater. My EDD’s have perpetually delayed countless times. Fortunately, the last EDD was April 15-29th (which was still the case last night April 16th). Sadly, I literally just checked right now and the new EDD is now May17-June 21st. I’m beyond livid, frustrated and even more confused. I thought that once the EDD’s were within a two week span it should’ve kept decreasing to a one week and so forth. Why has it delayed for more than a whole month? 🤬

I ordered the MY in Oct 2021.. White Pearl, 19” Gemini’s, black & white interior, LR, 5 seater. My EDD’s have perpetually delayed countless times. Fortunately, the last EDD was April 15-29th (which was still the case last night April 16th). Sadly, I literally just checked right now and the new EDD is now May17-June 21st. I’m beyond livid, frustrated and even more confused. I thought that once the EDD’s were within a two week span it should’ve kept decreasing to a one week and so forth. Why has it delayed for more than a whole month? 🤬
Sorry... I get how frustrating it can be, I have entered 10,.7 , and 5 day delivery window back in December and then I had a 10 day delivery window in March only to be constantly pushed back and be let down each time. Just have to wait. Sucks but that's the way it is right now.

24C9CB02-7908-4A37-ABFA-B5D6FA623EA6.jpeg

Still hasn’t reply whether mobile connector will include in previously placed order
I guess it won’t. A guy this smart would say something about previous placed order. He’s just clearing the path for people to ease and realize another $200 they’ll have to spend for charger. Frustrating.

I said the below in other forum as well —-
The last statement from Elon is a warning, hey guys you already know how we play here… to get your cars early pay for FSD.. since there is less adoption. So, get the wall connector now cause the mobile connector will get to $400 and eventually to $500… you know why chip/supply chain shortage. And then wall connector will be $600-$800 and you guessed it right… more demand so jack up the price. Yes, you guys are getting smart, again you guessed it right.. this way we’ll recoup way more than the discount we gave you on mobile connector.